Dublin Skylon Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
2,143 results
All reviewscity centreivy housecroke parkclose to the airportdublin airportbus stopexecutive roomfamily roomreception staffbar foodlovely hotelhotel barbooked this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublino'connell streetbuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Perfectly situated, close to the airport and the city centre - a bus stop directly opposite!
Comfortable rooms, spacious and clean. Friendly and helpful staff.
Delicious breakfast, pub with an atmosphere!
Absolutely recommendable and worth every penny/cent!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 when attending a concert in the 02. From the outside it doesn't look too appealing but we thought things might improve upon entering. Which at first they did, the lobby is beautifully decorated. We checked in and went to our room. At first we noticed the room was so outdated. It didn't seem very clean and the furniture was horrible but we left that go. Looking out the window we were overlooking a dirty yard, out of our tiny window. We sat down to watch the tv for awhile and my boyfriend notice blood on our sheets! This is absolutely disgusting and not something you would expect from anywhere. We went straight to reception to complain. I must say, the manager was outstanding. I really wish I could remember his name. He apologised and upgraded us to an executive room, gave us a free bottle of wine and told the barman give us a few free drinks that night. We packed our bags and moved to our new room. If this was meant to be an executive suite, it certainly did not seem it. There was not much difference between this and the first standard room, apart from the door, and the room was a little more spacious. We went for lunch the next day and I asked for vegetable soup. No way was what I got vegetable soup. It tasted like someone had mixed toothpaste with a bowl of water. It didn't look or taste remotely like veg soup. I complained to the waitress and she told me wait 2 minutes and she went away, began cleaning other tables and completely avoided us!! How rude! After about 20 mins of her avoiding us I walked to the bar and asked to see the manager. I know it was only soup but the attitude of the girl was after annoying me and the soup was overpriced anyway. The manager gave me a refund and he apologised. I would never stay in this hotel again. It's filthy and I don't know how they get away with it. The only good thing about the hotel is the manager. He's wonderful. I recommend you book a different hotel anyway...

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here just for one night, a sunday, good deal via best western site.

Made to feel very welcome on arrival, very smooth check in and our room was available before noon.

Reception staff very helpful advising about taxis and nearby attractions.

Room was small but adequate nice and clean with reasonable facilities, hair dryer, iron, safe (free), freeview channels and pay tv. Probably would find the room cramped if using for more than a couple of nights.

Hotel a few seconds off o'connell street and seconds from an airport bus route. A short 10 minutes walk from temple bar with well lit streets all the way.

Breakfast was of an acceptable standard, buffet with reasonable choice including the traditional black and white irish pudding.

Hotel bar open an hour later than general bars and prices reasonable. We did notice many of the better hotels are cheaper than pubs for both food and beer.

Free wifi and free short use pc's in reception.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank strongbowgirl
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Myself and my family had the pleasure of staying in the Skylon hotel for the weekend of the All Ireland GAA Final in September. Our weekend was one that will be remembered for a long time to come not only for the good result we had at the match but by the treatment we received at the hotel. The Reception Staff, Bar & Waitressing Staff and the even the Chef's all worked to a very high standard despite the large number of visitors to the hotel that weekend. The food was beautiful and the service was fantastic. We had a large excutive room with two double beds.
This was exceptionally spacious and spotlessly clean. This was our first stay at the Skylon as a family and we will definetly return. Would highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everything about the hotel suited our needs, but what really stood out for us was when one of the waiters heard us speaking in Irish, he engaged with us in Irish. We were delighted with this and it is important for our children to hear people in everyday situations being happy to speak in our own language. It is this attention to detail that sets The Skylon Hotel apart. We will definitely be back! I originally wrote part of this review in Irish, but unfortunately tripadvisors does not have the facility to cope with it, unlike the Skylon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family