“Couldn't be better!”

Ranked #14 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
australia
“Couldn't be better!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a one-bedroom suite for two weeks and could not fault the accommodation, the service, the convenience of the location or the value for money. Our suite was comfortably large and we did not experience the noise problems others report. The bedroom had a small walk-in closet with shelves and a room safe as well as hanging space. There was a narrow vanity/desk with light, mirror and hairdryer. The QS bed was comfortable, on the soft side and there were reading lights on the bedside tables. The living area had a sofa, an arm chair, coffee table, a small dining table and three chairs, a desk. CD and iPod players and a TV, with a kitchenette at one end. This was adequately equipped for preparing one's own meals, with a microwave, a two-burner hob and a dish drawer style dishwasher, and just enough pots, pans, plates, cutlery etc to manage (including a coffee plunger but no tongs). There was an ironing board and a washer-dryer combination which did a good job. The front hall had a console table for keys etc. The bathroom was modern, with a shower/bath, space for one's things, a heated towel rack and toiletries. Rubbish was removed, on request, every day and the suite was cleaned and fresh linens provided once a week (a broom would have been appreciated, however). We had a friend visit for a few days and a comfortable single camp bed was provided (charged at €25 a day) for her, including towels and toiletries. The staff on the front desk were charming, helpful and attentive and several small maintenance issues were dealt with promptly. The property was very clean and decorated in modern but comfortable style. As others have noted, it is on several main bus routes including the AirCoach service (not the AirLink bus -- be careful!) and is half a block down and diagonally across St Stephens Green from Grafton Street. There are a couple of convenience stores nearby but at least two big supermarkets about a 10 minute walk away. The only downside is accessibility for those who have trouble with stairs. Although the building has a lift and the suites themselves have no stairs, there are about 8-10 rather steep stairs up from the footpath to the grand Georgian entrance which could be challenging to some, and the shower/bath in our suite might be awkward for a person with mobility problems to get in and out of, although there was a solid grab-bar. All told, it is an excellent choice and we'd stay there again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Book well in advance; the staff told us that they almost always run at 100% fully booked (true durin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ozday
PremierSuitesDublin, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES PLUS Dublin Leeson Street, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Ozday.

Thank you very much for taking to review Premier Suites Dublin on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate the time you have take to provide us with your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to see that over all your enjoyed your stay and made god use of many of our facilities.

Thank you so much for your kind words in relation to our charming and helpful team, it is reassuring to hear the team were able to assist with the minor maintenance issues you incurred.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Premier Suite Dublin sometime in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to share you experience and views with us.

Pauline Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed at Premier Suites 3 times now and have no intention of staying anywhere else in Dublin. I have stayed at the usual over priced hotels in the past. Premier is right outside the airbus stop, so a cheap €14 ticket gets you from airport and back every 15 minutes. The suites are modern furnished and very clean. A ten minute walk will get you to Dublin centre although there are very well priced pubs and restaurants in the area. The addition of kitchenette with microwave was great as I bought an M&S meal and could enjoy at my leisure in the lounge of the suite.
Tip for Dublin trip, visit The Duke on Duke Street for well-priced Guinness and genuine Irish hospitality and food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PremierSuitesDublin, Front Office Manager at PREMIER SUITES PLUS Dublin Leeson Street, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Harrycrumbthethird,

Thank you for taken the time to fill out our online questionnaire. We are delighted to hear you find our facilities and our location to your liking and standard. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay and that have returned to us on many occasions, we look forward to seeing again in Premier Suites Dublin in the near future.

Kind regards

Slovakia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here just for one night.
At the reception we were informed we'll get upgrated room which was brilliant! We had bedroom, living room with kitchen and bathroom. Rooms were very clean, very big too! Kitchen well equipped.
Staff very helpful and polite.
I would deffo recommend this hotel for it's great location and services provided!
Only 1 very unpleasant situation. Despite we put the sign PRIVACY for cleaners in the morning, we got woken up by room phone at 9:15. When my boyfriend half sleep answered, there was no reply. After 15 min after, banging on the door. When my boyfriend opened the door, there was nobody there! Very frustrating in the morning, as we wanted to catch up with sleep!!!!

Room Tip: We had room 209 and we were more than happy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ishapista,

Many thanks for taken the time to fill out our on-line questionnaire. I am very sorry to hear you were disturbed during your stay, I have investigated this issue with our Accommodation manager, this was a miscommunication with housekeeping on the day. I can ensure you this is not standard practice. My sincere apologies again.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Suites Dublin in the near future.

Kind regards

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for 1 week to attend a conference in the nearby Burlington hotel. The Premier Suites is much cheaper, you get a bigger room with lots of amenities and it's closer to the city centre. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

I had the one-bedroom suite, which is very big. The living room had a couch, the TV (no TV in the bedroom) and the kitchen. There is also a desk with a wired internet connection. Although there is wireless internet in the hotel, I prefer the wired connection for my laptop.

The city centre is about 10-15 minutes walk. Temple bar about 5 minutes further. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Nick H,

We appreciate you taken the time to complete our on line review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Premier Suites Dublin with regards to our location and the facilities we provide. Many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to Dublin again soon.

New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Near St Stephens Sq, this suite hotel offered a well sized living area with fully appointed kitchen and a seperate bedroom. The room was well maintained and the double glass on the windows greatly reduced any street noise. The hotel is very convenient to restaurants and bars that are located in several directions. The bus to the airport stops in front of the hotel. The only challenge is with the small bathroom which is nearly impossible to close off when inside. Also there is reception only between 8 to 8 so you have to remember to take the entrance code. The is no food service available onsite.

Room Tip: rear of building
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Pauline07, General Manager at PREMIER SUITES PLUS Dublin Leeson Street, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear FrequentTripster,

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Suites Dublin on Tripadvisor, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much for your kind words in relation to our great location, the size of your suite, the well equipped kitchen and how well maintained you found the suite.

I am sorry to hear that you found the bathroom a little small, we have three suites that have a corner bathroom so are not as spacious as other suites. In these suites, there is a little more room in the living area. I do hope the smaller bathroom did not have too negative an impact on your stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Premier Suites Dublin sometime in the future.

Thank you again for you feedback.

Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the one bedroom penthouse suite for our 8 night stay. We stayed the first three nights at the Conrad and moved to Premier Suites on Thursday, August 30th. The apartment was not ready when we checked at 11am, but we were not expecting it to be as check-in is at 2:00pm and it was the busy weekend of Notre Dame vs. Navy football game. (Which is why we booked this property one full year in advance!)

We loitered at the Conrad until a little after 2pm and then dragged our gear over to Premier via the Earlsfort Terrace walkway, which was a much shorter trek than going to Lower Leeson by way of Earlsfort Terrace. Less pedestrian traffice too.

We were in suite 402, the one-bedroom penthouse suite. The fourth floor only had three suites on it. Check in was easy. Their staff is very friendly. Our penthouse was great. We were expecting an oven in the kitchen, but it only had a stove top (my fault for not inquiring what "Hob" was defined as). This was not at all an issue. Instead of making dinner in the apartment, we opted for having cold cuts to make sammiches and salads for lunches.

The window opened which was nice, as it was quite warm most of the time we were there. The little patio could be accessed via the living room and the bedroom. We kept the window and both slider doors open most nights and it provided a nice breeze. The queen/double bed was okay - not bad, but also not great. It was really bouncy, so I moved every time my husband moved....Couple of nights I ended up sleeping on the couch in the living room, but that had more to do with his snoring than anything else.

The kitchen did include a drip coffee maker as well as a tea kettle. It also had a blender, but we didn't use it. It had a fry pan and a few pots. It did not have any pint jars, so we picked up a pack of four from Tesco that we left (clean of course) in the cupboard with the rest of the glassware. Also the utensil drawer did not have scissors, so we bought a pair and left them there.

The apartment does have a washer/dryer combo unit. We packed very lightly (well - "lightly" in my world....) so we did need to do laundry. While having a washer/dryer is a nice addition, bear in mind that what I consider to be a regular size load at home, is really three or four loads with this little washer. The wash cycle took one hour and 10 minutes. Drying - well drying was a crap shoot really. It depends on what type of load it is...4 pair of jeans took about 4 hours to dry. Colors (socks, undies, tee shirts) took about 2 1/2 hours to dry. This was not our first trip, so we were prepared for how long doing laundry takes. And it was not a big deal at all. The convenience of having the facilities in the apartment is far more important than the length of the process of doing laundry!!

The dublin bus was literally in front of the property. Talk about convenient!!! It was a short walk to grafton street, Tesco grocery or Dunnes stores. It would have been nice if the property provided a trolley that could be checked out for grocery shopping. But I suppose someone might not return it, so I can't blame them for not providing one. In the end, we just used one of our suitcases - not really ideal, but it worked well enough.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saitken69
Dear Saitken69,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online questionnaire, we appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this valuable feedback.

I am delighted to see you had an enjoyable stay in our One Bedroom Penthouse and made use of the private patio.

I'm sorry to hear that you expected an oven in your suite, unfortunately we do not currently have ovens in our suites. We have taken your comments on board and we are looking into changing all our Microwaves to Combination Microwave, as part of our ongoing maintenance and upkeep schedule.
I hope this did not have too much of a negative impact on your stay.

Thank you very much for your kind words in relation to our friendly reception team, great location and easy check in you experienced.

It was lovely to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Suites when you return to Dublin.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had never been to Dublin before last week, so I chose a place close to the venue of the conference I was attending, after checking with a friend based in Dublin whether the area was safe or not. Apparently there are a few streets one should avoid there. There is no train nearby, so I'm not sure why one reviewer noted noise from that source. My room on the side away from the street was nice and quiet, except for some revellers one evening in the courtyard behind the place. The room was well-designed, and during my stay they upgraded the old radio-cd player to a modern radio with iPod dock and very nice sound. The room came with all utensils for basic meals, dish-washing liquid even - perfect for a week-long stay for two. The location is close to some of the nicest historic hotels in Dublin, and within walking distance of all the main attractions. It is just outside the zone where all the pubs and restaurants fill up on weekends and crowds roam the streets until dawn. It is also right next to the stop for the airport bus (Aircoach), so it's easy to get there. Would definitely use it again. My only complaint was that the Aircoach did not arrive within the advertised 20 minutes, but it was 3 am, and I suppose they can't stick precisely to schedule.

Room Tip: Choose the side away from the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear 2012Excavotor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Premier Suites Dublin on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments in relation to the quiet, well designed and well equipped suite with a good location. You are correct we are close to some very nice historic parts of Dublin City, I'm glad you were able to take advantage and visit these areas.

I am sorry to hear you were waiting a little longer on the Aircoach than expected, it is normally a very reliable service and extremely convenient with the stop right outside our door.

I am so happy to see that you would stay with us again and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future sometime