“Great location, lovely staff but cramped and grubby”
Review of Dublin Central Inn

Dublin Central Inn
Ranked #79 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Stourbridge, West Midlands
“Great location, lovely staff but cramped and grubby”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over New Year and found that the location was perfect for accessing town and meeting up with friends. However,might room was tiny, the smallest hotel room I think we've ever stayed in - really not big enough for two people. We spent most of our time shuffling around the edge of the bed on the sticky, grubby carpet. The water pressure in the sink tap was so high that we got soaked every time we turned it on and there was no central heating or AC unit in the room, just an electric heater on the wall. The less than inspiring view from the window consisted of some corrugated sheet steel and a flat roof with puddles on it. Now, weren't expecting luxury for the price (€265 for four nights) but we booked this stay back in September and checked in before 10am on the day we arrived so I was hoping for a view of the street at the very least.

The staff at the hotel were polite and professional throughout our stay and I know the hotel was full and so it wasn't worth complaining about these minor issues during the stay. This hotel isn't cheap - it's just cheap for Dublin and I think that next time we go we'd be more likely to splash out the extra €20 a night on somewhere a bit better.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MsTrinder
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I do hope you both had a safe and pleasant journey home after celebrating the New Year in Dublin which I hope you both enjoyed.

I do apologise with some aspects of your stay you were disappointed with regarding the shower at first which we have now ensured the pressure is at the correct level to avoid any reoccurrence in the future. Regarding your room allocation there will always be rooms allocated to the back of the building as these been the case with the majority of hotels in the city centre.. As you have mentioned we were full on the days you were staying with us . I am sure if you had mentioned your concern to reception they would have be more than happy for you to have a room facing the street. I have addressed your concerns with my accommodation department regarding the carpet and I can assure you this has now been cleaned I apologise for the shortfall on this . We do not advertise having A/C in the hotel we do however provide fans if any of our guests request them.
I am delighted to hear of your lovely comments on the team here I will pass on to all the staff. I do hope this will not deter you from returning in the future and we will ensure your return is a most comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Happy New Year,
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

What a shame - good location, but room dirty. Not what I would have expected for a 3* hotel. The areas that I have pointed out should be covered by basic cleaning systems. It is a bit disappointing to have to come back to a dirty room and spoilt my break.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your stay on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to to see of the concerns you expressed regarding hosuekeeping. We do pride ourselves on our high standards of cleanliness and I do apolgise for the shortfall on this occasion. I have addressed your concerns with the relevant department to ensure there is no reoccurence in the future. I do hope this will not deter you from returning in the future and we will ensure your return is a more comfortable and enjoyable one.

London
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Fantastic location in Dublin, right off O'Connell St! You can easily walk to all city centre attractions if you're a tourist. The rooms are small, but they have everything that you need, and my ensuite was lovely so I couldn't complain about space. Staff were great - very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much to ask. I didn't have the breakfast but compared to some prices in cafes around Dublin it's very reasonable too. Overall, a great base to tour the city from, and you really couldn't beat the price.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room as I was concerned about it being on a busy street - I got put at the back...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank E-K-Dolan
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your stay on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to see you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the New Year.

Many Thanks and Happy Christmas from all the team here.

Kind Regards,
Denver
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I used this location as our hub for the entire trip. The rooms are a little dated but the location is perfect as it is in the middle of everything and the staff was simply amazing. I highly recommend it and will stay ehre again if we return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in posting your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to see you choose to stay at Dublin City Inn for your time in Dublin. We very much appreciate your lovely comments regarding our staff as we strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience to all of our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity in welcoming you back some time in the future.

Happy Christmas from all the team here.

Hermoupolis, Greece
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed in Dublin City Inn for a week in the end of October 2012. I booked a double room for single use in the first floor.

Pros:
- Location. The hotel is in a very good location in the centre of Dublin, near the Spire. Also, it's only 10 - 15 minutes walk away from the Temple Bar.
- free wifi (in the rooms and in the public areas)
- helpful and polite staff
- Breakfast bag for those who travel early in the morning

Cons:
- Small room. i was alone and it was ok, but the room was small for two people
- no central heating. just a electrical radiator in the room and no heating in the bathroom. every time i tooked a shower i had to leave the bathroom door opened!!!
- sometimes during the night i could hear the people walking and shouting outside the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for sharing your time on Trip Advisor. It is lovely to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found us ideally located in the city centre. We hope to see you again in the new year should you be returning to Dublin.

Happy Christmas from all the team.

Illinois
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The tiniest room I've ever stayed in. If you look at their website, it seems that the rooms were photographed in panorama in order to appear larger. But, I honestly didn't care all that much about the room itself. It's a few blocks from the spire of Dublin. It was a great landmark to use to find our way back to the hotel after wandering around the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ireland63, General Manager at Dublin Central Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your stay on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay with us recently. I agree some of our rooms are small as we do also large family rooms and a mix of large double twin rooms on all floors. As you have mentioned we are ideally located in the city centre to visit all of the attractions Dublin has to offer. We hope to see you again should you be returning to Dublin in the future.

cheshire
Reviewed December 3, 2012

overpriced would not recommend, have stayed in lot better in dublin just returned from wkend break, location good and staff friendly, but hostel/hotel shabby, dirty, beds basic and worn out springs dig in you, showeroom filthy and black sludge round the tray inside and out, dirty curtains, showerplugs held on with string. .all i can advise is dont go. a lot better places to stay and cheaper. i wouldnt call this a city inn, but a grubby hostel, sorry but that the truth

Room Tip: woudnt recommend any
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank clare b
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your stay on Trip Advisor. I was very dissappointed to see you were unhappy with some aspects of your stay. We very much pride our selves on the standards of service and cleanliness we provide to all of our guests which we recieve lots of postive feedback. I do hope this will not deter you from returning to us at some stage in the future and afford us the opportunity to ensure your return is a most comfortable and enjoyable stay. I will share your comments with all of my team here.

General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels