“Another fantastic stay”

Ranked #12 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Another fantastic stay at The Clarion IFSC. Room was large and clean. All amenities you would need and extra. Large balcony over looking the river Liffey. Staff are friendly and efficient. Only a short walk or taxi drive to shops and temple bar area. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kildare, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

stayed in Clarion Hotel IFSC last night 17th January while we were delighted with our room it was very clean and spacious I was disappointed with lack of information regarding car parking facility. When I booked this hotel I asked if they had a car park the lady said yes however she didn't tell me that car park was in a different building than the hotel and that there would be a nightly charge of 15 euro. When we arrived at hotel my husband asked at reception for directions to car park as it was not signposted. Receptionist gave directions but still overlooked informing him of extra charge for parking.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
U.S.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel was nicer than I was expecting. My room was of a high standard, at least 4-star (robe, balcony, comfortable bed, nice view, large room, large bathroom). Everything is bright and cheerful. The fitness center was particularly nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room had no fridge, but that might be normal in Dublin.

The location is not in the main tourist center, so it was a challenging walk to the center and back. But the hotel is right on the river, and the surrounding area is very attractive, with several restaurants and a grocery store.

There is a shuttle bus form the airport (Paddywagon) that costs only 3 Euros and seemed to go directly to the hotel in about 15 minutes. Two warnings, though: (a) the actual location of the bus is car park zone 14 (not zone 2, as the website currently says), and (b) it leaves every 2 hours. If that timing doesn't work for you, there are other airport buses that go by the hotel as well.

Room Tip: It's nice to have a view of the river, though you might hear some road noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric R
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here this week with my aunt to go to a show in the bord gais theatre. Hotel is excellent. Its a 5 min walk from the busaras bus station and connolly train station. There is a luas stop right behind the hotel which takes you into the centre in 5 mins and it was only a 8 min walk to the theatre. Breakfast was fab and we had dinner in the kudos bar its was excellent. The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were excellent and very helpful. This is my 2nd stay here and would definitely go back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ew1983
Brussel, België
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

- comfortable and spacious room
- excellent bed
- very clean bathroom
- good wifi connection, free of charge

Hotel is situated in the new part of Dublin financial/business district > nice buildings and area, walking distance to Temple Bar and other tourist attractions.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I took my son to Dublin to see the WWE in November for his 6th birthday, from the moment we walked into the hotel we were greet so nicely. while i checked in ( i think it was the manager) had a lovely conversation with my son also keeping him occupied for me. our room wasn't ready but they took our luggage and gave us keys so that we could go to the lounge and have something to eat, liked that the bar and restaurants were separate (we did go to both) and even the bar served us food after the show but i have to say the room was amazing and the staff really aimed to please. we are planning to stay there again on our next trip and i have advise friends and family about the hotel.

Room Tip: i suggest getting a suite, it may cost a little more but it is really worth it
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked the Clarion for 2 nights over New Years 2013/14. We arrived at the hotel before it had reopened after being closed for Christmas. Hotel opened at 11am but they allowed everyone to check in at that time instead of the normal 2pm check in.
Had booked online where I provided my card details to secure booking although didn't have to pay until arrival. When we checked in, I was told to enter my card into to the machine so they could put a hold on it - €109 euros (cost of 1st night) it said but the man at reception assured me I wouldn't be charged. I was then told I'd pay when checking out although I noticed others were paying on check in. I wasn't given a receipt as i was told it was just for authorisation. The next day I checked my online banking using the (free) wifi and noticed £182/€218 euros had disappeared although nothing appeared on my statement. Confused, I decided not to let it worry me as there was nothing I could do without seeing where the money had gone. When checking out, a different lady receptionist dealt with us. I asked what I'd typed my PIN number in for when checking in to which she said 'card authorisation' and that the money would be released back to me in 5 days. I said I was told I wouldn't be charged to which she replied 'it was only for the cost of the first night'. My boyfriend then said that actually double the amount was taken and the receptionist admitted that she could she a note had been made on the system to say that it was done in error. Why wasn't I informed of this???? I then had to use a different card to pay for the entire stay as the money meant for payment had been held. I asked for receipts for all the transactions but she couldn't give me ones for when my money was held, twice. I am still waiting for my funds to be released back to me!

Other than that... the room was a little small but lovely. Comfy bed, coffee machine, iPod dock, river view if only from the 2nd floor. Couldn't get TV to work but we weren't bothered. Room was freezing when we arrived but the heating soon warmed it up. Hotel happily held our luggage on day of check out whist we went for lunch in Temple Bar. Free wifi was a great facility. Hotel perfect for a couple of nights, just be careful with your money!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple