“Delicious meal at a great price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mamma Mia Deli Cafe Bar

Mamma Mia Deli Cafe Bar
Ranked #476 of 2,528 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious meal at a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was walking around Dublin (spending most of my time staring at my phone GPS so I didn't get lost) and noticed this restaurant had some outside seating available, so I decided to get lunch. I love Italian (which is mostly what I ate during my entire vacation) and this place was delicious. I had a pizza and it was cooked quickly, layered with delicious cheese, and a perfectly baked crust. It was nice to sit outside and just get a feel for the city from a distance. Despite being very busy inside, the restaurant was very attentive to the customers sitting outdoors. I highly recommend this hidden gem of a restaurant!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Werewolf82

• Hebrew first
dublin
“nice little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is a lovely and cozy restaurant, a bit small, but I really loved the food, and the ambiance, and the personnel was very friendly. I have been there once before and I will certainly go again soon!

2 Thank DublinHennie
“Great food, Pure Frustration.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Considering my consistently poor experiences, I am somewhat suprised how good the reviews are for Mama Mia.

I live very close to the restaurant and considering the fact that if you want to eat in the immediate locality it's this or Mizzoni's, Mamma Mia's should win easily. However, after eating at this restaurant 6 or so times, Mizzoni's as dreadful as it is, has become significantly more attractive.

The food is good, really good, but the service is borderline enraging.
The waitresses are extremely difficult to get a hold of without getting out of your seat, as they spend most of their time standing around in "the kitchen".
Out of all the times I have eaten here, I have only ever been asked if the food was okay when paying. I never recall being asked if I would like a drink while eating my main. Every time I have either had to wait a long time after finishing the main course to be offered the desert menu/bill or had to stand up to get the attention of the staff.

The place is so small and considering the service staff spend so much time just standing in the kitchen area, this really should not be a problem and it's that much of a problem I am here writing a poor review(something I would not generally do).

I shouldn't have to spend 5 minutes in my seat just trying to gain the attention of the service staff and I shouldn't have to stand up to do so either. Go here if you like good food and love being ignored.

Great food, pure frustration.

P.S. Some of the cutlery is of a very poor quality which has added to my frustration on occasion.
Also note they seem incapable of answering their phone.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MacPoppins
Edinburgh
“Friendly little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

A friend introduced me to this small but perfectly formed Italian restaurant and now I feel like I am a member of a select club as this place is a little gem.
The service is immediate and friendly and the food was fantastic and very cheap. The only thing that will disappoint is if you don't book and turn up and the place is full as there are not many tables.

London, United Kingdom
“Please go here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Ok I am a nightmare when it comes to restrauants I had classic training in Italian cooking and it's a curse nothing is ever good enough we'll let me tell u this is a great find u have to search for it very close to the shelbourne hotel walk past it on your left and a couple of streets on your left u will find this little gem very small very busy great Italian food at very cheap prices I cAnt recommend enough thanks for reading Paul

1 Thank paul l