“Great fun”

Butlers Chocolate Experience
Ranked #4 of 36 Food & Drink in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit the Butlers Chocolate Experience - the ultimate chocolate discovery tour in Ireland. Based in the home of Ireland's favourite chocolates, a visit here is a must for chocolate lovers of all ages. Butlers Chocolate Movie: Travel through time in the world of chocolate in our cinema. Discover how the Aztecs created the first known chocolate and find out how the taste for chocolate developed all over the world. Hear about the history of Butlers and unearth some interesting facts about our origins and where we are today. Chocolate Museum: Explore this treasure trove full of chocolate and Butlers memorabilia. Enjoy a rainforest experience, see artefacts from the Aztecs and follow the journey of chocolate and Butlers to the present day. Chocolate Gallery: See for yourself our factory in operation from the Chocolate Gallery, enjoying a bird's eye view of our chocolates being created from start to finish by our chocolatiers. This part of the experience is both fascinating and educational.Experience Room: The ultimate part of the tour where participants get the chance to dress like a chocolatier and try their hand at decorating their own chocolate novelty, which they then bring home. Enjoy demonstrations of how chocolates are enrobed and shells are filled and decorated. Butlers Chocolate Experience Opening Times:Butlers Chocolate Experience is open from Monday (inclusive of bank holidays) to Saturday & some Sundays (subject to availability) for guided tours only. Tours must be booked in advance.Group tours, school tours and birthday parties also must be booked in advance.Check our website and on-line booking facility for availability. Butlers Chocolate Experience Tickets and Family Admission The Ultimate Chocolate Experience: €13.50 per person. This includes: Chocolate Movie, Chocolate Museum, Chocolate Gallery and a visit to the Chocolate Experience Room. Family Price €50 - (2 adults and 2 children under 12,). All visits must be booked in advance. Book on-line to avail of a discount. Facilities:Butlers Chocolate Cafe onsite offering a range of beverages, confectionery, sweet treats and savoury breakfast and lunch options. Plenty of parking onsite, Disabled Access, Baby changing faculties Directions to Butlers Chocolate Experience In DublinButlers Chocolate Experience is located in Clonshaugh Business Park, Oscar Traynor Road, Dublin 17 - just five minutes from the junction of M1 and M50. M50/M1 Interchange (Northbound on the M50) When approaching the end of the M50 towards the start of the M1, take the left lane signposted for the City Centre. Once on the exit keep left as you will be taking the exit just before the Port Tunnel for Coolock. At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Oscar Traynor Road. Continue for approximately 1km until you come to the fourth set of traffic lights, you will see the entrance to Clonshaugh Business Park on your left hand side. Butlers Chocolates is the 4th turn on your left once you enter the estate and is the first building on your right.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I did this tour with my children ranging in ages from 11 down to 4. The tour was great fun, first of all a short movie on the history of chocolate and Butlers itself. Then we went into the museum where the kids were given clipboards with questions to answer. For the little ones they had to tick pictures on the clipboard that they saw in the museum. Then we went along the galley overlooking the factory floor. The only place in the world where Butlers are made. We saw their little Christmas crackers being made. Bear in mind that the factory is only open Mon to Fri so there wouldn't be much to see here if you do the tour on a Saturday. And then the highlight, the chocolate experience room. Tables were laid out with a chocolate teddy for everyone and bowls of melted chocolate and choc flakes to decorate. The end result being a unique chocolate treat to take away. After all the samples we ate during the tour we saved these for when we get home. A highly recommended outing.

1  Thank lilacDublin

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I went with my friends to the Butlers Chocolate factory.
I made reservations in advance for a 'chocolate experience'. Three times available to choose from.
Very nice lady showed us the factory. First was a film about the history and information.
Then we went to the production hall. Behind the glass you could see the production of chocolates: what and how; types; plus how they pack chocolate.
It the end-I think the coolest part,we got chocolate teddy bear which we could decorate :)
We got a lot of chocolate to try during our visit.

5  Thank Anna M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I work beside the Butlers near Nassau Street and have to say it's really tempting and I have experienced the wonderful hot chololates they serve there topped with fresh cream and flakes of buttlers chocolate on the top to make them even more delicious. They always give you a yummy sweet as well. I am doing a diet at the moment so give myself a treat of a low fat mocha on a Friday at the moment and this is even to die for. I have a bit of trouble giving my choc away but I have to say if you like your coffee and your hot chocolate, this is an experience not to be missed.

2  Thank Aoife L
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I arrived at Dublin Airport for a very early flight, having missed breakfast at the hotel. I was thrilled to see Butler's Cafe was open. Had a croissant and a hot chocolate--yummy!

2  Thank SFNM28
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I took my 12 year old neice on the tour of the chocolate factory on Tuesday the 28th of August. As it was during the week we could view the workers maning the machine, see Angle the man with the best job in the factory, watch how all the boxes are packed and wrapped by hand. We had a lovely girl called Elaine give us the tour. I enjoyed it myself so much on Saturday the 15th of September my sister two children age 6@8 and myself had another great afternoon with our tour guide Mags. Congradulations to the marketing team who thought up the idea to give tours of the factory and give so much pleasure. I have recomanded this tour to family and friends. Some have already booked. Thanks also to Claire on reception. Bernadette Carroll.

2  Thank Benmadigan