“Loved it!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Smithfield Tower

Lobby to Tower Blcok
Main Entrance to Block
View from Balcony
Stairs
Smithfield Square with Jameson Tower -facing Apt.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jacksonville, FL
“Loved it!”
Reviewed December 23, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

What a great place! This apartment is in a great location, has all the amenities and cannot be beat when visiting Dublin. It is modern, light filled, clean and very comfortable. There is a concierge if you need a taxi, the on off bus is around the corner, the grocery store is downstairs as are several restaurants. We stayed for 10 nights, taking bus day tours out of the city. I loved it so much I have booked it again when we return to Ireland next September. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Dublin!

Date of stay: September 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size and location!
Liked least: Everything was great!
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
EliandEva...
“Once you stay at Smithfield Towers you will never stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed November 19, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Smithfield Towers was a great vacation rental for myself, my husband, 70 year old mother in law, and 14 month old son. We stayed for nearly a week without complaint. The apartment is centrally located to everywhere you want to be with all the amenities you will ever need. We arrived in Dublin at not necessarily the best hour of the day (515 am) but we made due until the apartment was ready. Upon arriving at the apartment, Pat showed us around had us inspect everything to make sure it met our standards and waited to answer all our questions. He was very thorough with this. I have read through others comments and can see why he has to be.

A couple of tips for everyone, treat the property as you would your own and you will be fine. If you aren't use to traveling abroad it is an adjustment trust me but it will go smoothly I assure you. Some things there, are set on a timer and for some that may not go so well,for me, no big deal work around it. If you get cold easily, turn the heat on if you want to take a shower go ahead and turn the hot water on too. That way you don't have to worry about it running out before your entire party is done. Just little things. There is also a washer/dryer combo! I thought that was amazing! (can I have one please!) :) I couldn't find directions but there are symbols on the dials just follow the symbols and look at what they correspond with on the left and you are set to go. Also, there is a small grocery store around the corner from the apartment, why not take advantage of it and eat in a few nights. It will be great for your wallet I assure you 50 euros for lunch for 2 people was not fun lol.

Pat also has tons of brochures with a list of things to do and coupons to receive discounts on various happenings around the city. I recommend taking advantage of that.

We used the hop on hop off bus to our advantage the entire time we were there to not only explore the city but to shop, eat at restaurants, and get from north to south, east to west.

If you decided to take the DART(train) to Malahide or Howth (pronounced Hoth) get on the hop on hop off bus at Jameson Distillery (stop 21) take it to the end and walk it to the train station. it is a brisk 10 minute walk. be sure to get the return ticket.

Lets see what else can I say, Smithfield Towers offered everything we needed it was large enough to accommodate 6 adults the kitchen was spacious with enough kitchenware to cook a Thanksgiving feast.

In the mood to go to the cinema? there is one right downstairs, the pub? there is a nice neighborhood pub a 2 min walk away on what i believe is north church street (but don't quote me) sign says "live futbol" ....live music ---"oscars is right out front the food is great the music is wonderful you can't go wrong with the atmosphere, the ambience"

there is a courtyard on level 1 if you have a chance, check it out

there is an interesting park at the Jameson Distillery hop on hop off stop / LUAS stop
have a go and play like a kid

there are a few deli's and churches in the area as well that are within walking distance literally off the elevator and there within a minute.

Did I mention Jameson Distillery directly across the street. When you are eating in the dining room you get to look out from the floor to ceiling windows and look at the orange glow from its tower. Beautiful at night

We arrived on a Sunday to find the street alive and bustling with energy, live music, and people. Found out every Sunday is a food festival! Wow!

There is nothing I have to complain about I loved my experience and will be staying at Smithfield Towers every year for the rest of my days! Pat will be a part of my family as far as I'm concerned. I have already recommended this place to my family here in the states and plan on bringing as many of them as I can with me when my husband and I come next year and each year after.

We just fell in love with it and hope that others do too.

Date of stay: November 2014
Liked best: location
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
m b
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 8, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

It was very nice to stay in the smithfield tower. Pat is a very nice guy and was very quick to reply any questions I had before booking. He gave a lot of information about Dublin, its different areas and how to get there, etc. The apartment is beautiful with a great view! We were there with 6 adults and had plenty of room (three bathrooms)! The kitchen is well equipped which is nice since we wanted to do some of our own cooking. Also the apartment is very clean.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in a beautiful apartment in a great location of Dublin!

Cobblestone is a great pub just across the street!

Date of stay: October 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and Pat!
Liked least: the couch could have been more comfortable
elamerica...
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Pat was more than helpful and was waiting for us at midnight when we arrived. Flat was huge and very clean. Right in city centre..walking distance to everything! Could not have asked for more. Deposit was returned right away as well. Will definitely be back again and will recommend to others visiting Dublin! Thanks Pat!

Date of stay: March 2014
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
MarlouDen...
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Convenient apartment, perfect location, though cold shower”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed in this apartment with our (grown up) children. Perfect location! At an nice square (Smithfield Market) and only a 10 minute walk from the centre of Dublin. Great restaurant (Oscars), a supermarket and one of the best pubs (The Cobblestone) next door. What more could you ask for?

At the day of arrival the owner (Pat) showed us around the apartment. Friendly man, very helpful. There is enough information (maps, leaflets) available in the apartment to help you around Dublin.

This modern and light aparmtent has got high windows with a lovely view on the square. It has a big balcony (must be nice in summer), a well equipped kitchen (i.a. dish washer), 3 bed rooms and 2 bath rooms.

The only disadvantage is the boiler....it is impossible for 6 people to take a shower in sequence. The water turned cold after 10 minutes. In our case only 3 people could take a quick warm shower in the morning. Very inconvenient. Pat told us about this problem in advance (during our tour around the apartment). He explained that after turning a certain button of the boiler the water would turn warm again. But that took at least half an hour. Our stay was simply to short (3 nights) to make a fuss about it...

Date of stay: December 2013
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The aparmtment itself, the design of it, the interior.
Liked least: The cold showers.
Management Response
Dec 24, 2013
Thanks for your excellent review Marylou----I'm more than happy that you enjoyed your time in the apartment and in Dublin. I'm really sorry about the boiler problem. This is not normal and I will get it checked now that I know about it but its a pity you did not alert me while you were there. I look forward to you returning in the future.
Donna Lee...
Tacoma, Washington
“Awesome Location and Great Host!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

From the first inquiry Pat was great in getting back in touch with me on everything - that is so much appreciated - thanks Pat! The only gripes were the towel bars weren't heated, the apartment could have been more sanitary/cleaner and the couch was not very comfortable- it has definitely outlived its usefulness. Pat was on time in meeting us to retrieve back his keys and returning our security deposit - so appreciated! We had a wonderful time and would stay there again - thank you!

Date of stay: November 2013
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Could have been cleaner and couch was not comfortable.
Management Response
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for your advice D-----I'll get these issues sorted immediately. I'm glad that you enjoyed the stay however and that you'll be happy to come again. Also I hope you didn't mind my pointing out that 5 of you arrived even though you booked for 3. Pat
MP1130
Vienna
“Beautiful and spacious apartment, great owner!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

My parents, 3 year old son and I had a wonderful visit to Dublin and started with very prompt and friendly emails with Pat, the owner in advance of our trip with lots of information about Dublin and the property. It is located in a neighborhood called Smithfield, and has a fantastic grocery store, restaurants, and a tram stop just a minute away (and a small playground) and is right across from the Jameson factory. The other main sights are about a 15 min walk away and easy to walk to. The apartment is very spacious and beautiful. Downstairs is roomy and has a big living and dining room with a very nice kitchen that had some useful leftover bits from the previous renter/Pat (salt, pepper, etc. for cooking, paper towels, etc.) and a half bathroom with a toddler toilet seat (very helpful!). Upstairs are three bedrooms, one with an en suite and yet another full bath. Everything was super clean, beds were comfy, we had plenty of nice towels, and the layout is perfect for families. My security deposit was refunded before we even got back to Vienna and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. If we ever get a chance to come back or know anyone traveling to Dublin, we would heartily recommend this apartment. Thank you, Pat!

Date of stay: May 2013
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: perfect layout, so clean, cosy and homey retreat and of course Pat!
Liked least: no complaints.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing