“Fleet Street Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #63 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Vancouver, Canada
“Fleet Street Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Fleet is central, quiet (at least the rooms we had), clean, no bugs, nice lobby, friendly staff, and convenient. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us - I was injured (broken wrist, thumb and torn leg muscle). They made sure we were well taken care of the entire time we were there. They even upgraded the room due to mobility issues. Nice touch! The lobby is elegant, with a nice sitting area. The lobby is on the second floor so you can just chill from all the activity of Fleet Street. Trinity College, and everything else, is a 2 minute walk. One big caution for Canadians. The constant wearing of the flag on clothing, etc, has worn VERY thin and the locals do not understand why we do it nor do they appreciate it.

Room Tip: While a number of reviews complained about the noise, we stayed in two different rooms and heard ver...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vancouver90
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear IrishBear13

Thank you for your review of your stay at The Fleet Street Hotel.
I really appreciate your kind words you shared about our facilities.
Most of all I thank you for recognising our team being helpful and attentive, it is always a pleasure in assisting our guests, I am glad your needs were met and we could make your stay more comfortable, considering your circumactances.
I really hope your injury didn’t stop you from enjoying your stay and experiencing Dublin, luckily enough we are in the middle of all the main landmarks so I hope you managed to do our outdoor exploring.

Thank you for your kind review and I hope we will see you very soon at the Fleet Street Hotel again.

Magdalena Przygon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Located right in Temple Bar but close to Trinity College makes this hotel central to the liveliness but accessible to public transport to go anywhere else. The hotel was well maintained and clean while the staff was really friendly. They let us check in early at 9 in the morning without extra fee which was hands down appreciated. The only downside was the wifi was rather slow besides that it was a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Nicole W
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Nicole 175
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel,
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our team really friendly.
Comments like yours help us maintain that high level of friendly and outgoing service we provide.
Thank you!
Indeed, we are so close to all the landmarks of this vibrant city, we are wright in the middle of all of the happenings.
Thank you for staying with us, I hope we will see you again at the Fleet Street Hotel.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I forgot to review this hotel after my return home to Canada last August! We loved this hotel. Had the large, clean, comfortable front room on the 3rd floor (1st floor is a TGIF restaurant so the hotel actually starts ont he 2nd floor). We did not have any problem sleeping, no noisy residents or outside noise although this hotel is right at the beginning of the Temple Bar (very busy street). Did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment. Excellent location. Within walking distance to many attractions and shopping. There is also an outside patio (weather permitting of course) and a small quaint lounge in front of reception where you can purchase drinks. The airport bus is a few steps away and starts around 7:00 a.m. (but check with reception). Efficient check-in and out. I will stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Front Rooms overlooking Fleet Street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda S
Magdalena P, Front Office Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Working030
I must say I am glad you decided to review us after all, your comment is lovely, and I am thrilled you actually loved our hotel!!. Thank you.
So since you enjoyed your stay so much and you would return here again, which’s some fabulous news, please allow me to assist you with your arrangement of your next trip to Dublin, and email me at: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
I am so pleased you discovered the Fleet Street Hotel , a little gem , so you know have a place in Dublin to come back to and enjoy its unbeatable location. Indeed all finest landmarks are at our doorstep, which you may rediscover over and over again with each trip to this city. Moreover you are able to leave all that city buzz outside the hotel and unwind in our peaceful lobby or enjoy a good night sleep in your room, I am glad you were not disturbed with any noise when stayed here the last time.
Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you will allow me to now even exceed you expectations with your next trip : )
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards,
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

My sister and I stayed in a double room on a Thursday. We did not experience any troublesome noise from outside, like other reviewers have reported. The hotel is on the very edge of Temple Bar, and is equipped with good soundproofing windows, so it escapes the majority of the rowdiness. I've stayed in several Dublin City hotels, and this one is blessed with having the best location. For this reason alone, I will probably return.
Our room (220) was a decent size, decorated tastefully, modern and spotlessly clean. Our beds were super-comfortable. The bathroom was stocked with an all-in-one shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, which I'm not very fond of, but more and more hotels seem to be combining basic toiletries these days...
Breakfast was plentiful and tasty, though I would have appreciated if poached and fried eggs were on offer, instead of just scrambled. The TGI Fridays that occupies the building next door is advertised in the rooms, but we were disappointed that some discount was not provided to guests of The Fleet Street Hotel.
We didn't have much contact with staff, though the receptionists must be commended on their efficiency in checking us in/out.

Room Tip: It's worth it to include breakfast in your stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ad54321
Dear AD5432
Such a pleasure reading your comment!! Thank you so much for such a high rating!
I also had a pleasure of reading your comment card left in your bedroom which I believe was yours, thank you so much. I must say that your points made on that card were very valuable and affected some of our operations for better, you may email me if you wish to know details. Big Thanks to You!!!
I am delighted you enjoyed our unbeatable location, room facilities and its cleanliness, our breakfast offerings, and service you received. In overall we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us !!
On the side though I must apologies for the disappointment you felt when discovering we actually do not provide any discounts in TGI Fridays, it is separate business to us but we surely should look into that 
I would be very happy if you contacted me next time you are planning your visit to the heart of Dublin – Temple bar!
Please email me: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
Thank you again for your lovely review, I am looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully any time soon.
Front Desk Manager
Welwyn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

The location is great, right in the Temple Bar area so plenty of food, drink and shopping options just a few minutes walk from the hotel. The staff are friendly. So far so good.

However the room I had was small, the bed had walls at both ends and when you are 6'4" tall this is a problem. There is no air con and the window looked out over a small messy courtyard. The result was that the room was stuffy and I'm lucky it wasn't really hot outside otherwise it would have been unbearable. Breakfast in the "canteen" is a joke. The room is too small for the number of people they try to fit in and the food very average. Great pity as with a bit of effort the hotel could be really good.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Goonerdavem
Dear Goonerdavem
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I appreciate your time taken.
First of all I must thank you for your kind words on our friendly staff and our unbeatable location which you enjoyed during your stay. Thank you.
Unfortunately all the remaining comment I am reading with a disappointment, so here I must start with asking you to accept my sincere apologies.
I regret to read all your points made, I can only hope that you communicated your concerns with our team at the Front Desk so we were given a chance to act and make your stay more comfortable. As I strongly believe that we would try all we could to upgrade you to a bigger/more comfortable room if only our availability would have allowed us.
Also please accept my apologies for the inconvenience experienced during breakfast serving hours, indeed our breakfast is growing in popularity and at busier hour we may experience tighter space in our canteen, although I must say very rarely our guests must wait for theirs seats, which to my only observation, happens in other hotels as a common practice of a better management of guests flow.
Please accept my sincere apologies for all the above and I hope you would give us a chance to welcome you back so we could compensate your disappointment of your recent stay.

For any assistance with future bookings please email: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Recently stayed here with my partner. Given a large room 202 with an unbelievably cheap hard bed. The noise from other residents in the hotel banging doors and talking had us awake from 7am. Breakfast was a disaster. On arriving in at 10.10am there was no hot food, breads or water left. Asked waitress for hot food and on her returning, my partner had finished his breakfast so left with 2 slices of toast. For the price of staying here would I have chosen it again?? no..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MandyLWestmeath
Dear MandyLWeastmeath
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Fleet Street Hotel.
I appreciate your time taken, and your kind comment on the size of the room.
First of all I must ask you to accept my apologies for all the inconveniences you experience during your stay. I regret to read all your points made, I can only hope that you communicated your concerns with our team at the Front Desk so we were given a chance to act to make your stay more comfortable, especially the noise problem which is under monitoring of our team day and night. We have a very strict policy of security in the hotel and what comes with it a general comfort of feeling safe on the premises. I am sorry that other guests disturbed that comfort of yours.
Also please accept my apologies for the inconvenience at the breakfast, indeed our serving portions in the buffet we try to keep small so it is fresh throughout serving hours. It may be a situation where during a busier hour some items had to be replenished more often and delays may have occurred.
Please email: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed here (even though it was a bit more pricey than other hotels in Dublin) because it was located in the heart of temple bar, a short walking distance to Trinity college and all the museums. What a great decision! The staff checked us in quickly and were very friendly. Our room was clean and shockingly quite- given it was literally above all the great bars of temple bar! There was a guard at the door all day and into the evening, and then after hours (I'm assuming after midnight- but am not sure) the lobby door is open with your hotel key- so I felt very safe that people weren't wondering into the hotel and up and down the halls. My only complaint is that it was quite warm outside and the room became a bit hot with no A/C in the room. I would recommend this to anyone wanting the "Temple Bar" experience! If we're ever in Dublin again, we won't hesitate to book here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Catherine H
It is such a pleasure reading your review, sending our big thans to you .
To my delight I am particularly happy you noticed our team being efficient and friendly, thank you,
I will share your kind words with our team, surely they will be delighted.
Indeed our location is unbeatable! We are so close to all the Dublin’s finest landmarks that you can possible be. I am glad you enjoyed the city centre location and that you didn’t experience any bothering noise which unfortunately happens to be an issue in this buzzing area.
Having said that we took security aspect of our guests and employees very seriously, which means we implemented al l the necessary and possible measures with blocking as many unwelcome entries as we possibly could.I very much appreciate your recognition of that and I am glad you felt safe throughout your stay.
I am hoping to receive your email when planning your next trip so I could personally assist you this time, email: magdalena@fleetstreethotel.com