“Great value”

The Fleet Street Hotel
Ranked #63 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Great value”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Feb 13-17 on our first trip to Ireland. We stayed in 212 it was very clean and quite. Not a good view,but we were there for the Temple bar experience not the view :) All the staff were pleasant and accommodating. Special thanks to the sweet lady in housekeeping. We would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013
Greg F, General Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Stacy C,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay with us in February, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your first visit to Dublin and found our hotel very welcoming and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Dublin,

Email; greg.forrestal@fleetstreethotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We arrived into Dublin early and decided to see if we could leave our bags and check in later, however when we arrived (9AM ish) the receptionist let us check in and go to our rooms. The decor was fantastic, room was spotless and the staff were very helpful. The location was perfect with Tesco over the road and great bars all within staggering distances.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Simon2702
Dear Simon2702,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us last month, I was delighted to read that you found our team very helpful and it give me great pleasure to pass your comments on to them, we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Temple Bar,

Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Myself and my husband booked a room in this hotel with other friends from Ireland and England for 2 nights in January. Not only is it so convenient in it's location but the staff were brilliant and the rooms were spotless. We paid for breakfast on the first morning but to be honest I preferred my Subway (just around the corner) for breakfast on the second morning. I am a veggie so everyone else loved the full Irish breakfast but obviously that wasn't for me. We would definitely stay here again, it was a fab location and great price and within walking distance of so much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Suzi650
Greg F, General Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Suzi650,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our Hotel on Tripadvisor, I was delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your visit to the Fleet Street Hotel in January, we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit if you contact, Donna in reservations or myself we would be more than happy to assist with your booking.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed with four friends celebrating big birthdays. Perfect location, excellent value, friendly helpful staff...and we got upgraded to a room with a fabulous large wet room. I would definitely stay here again. Staggering/dancing distance from some great clubs and bars!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane M
Greg F, General Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Jane M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor, I was delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed the Birthday Celebration Break with us and we look forward to Welcoming you back to the Fleet Street Hotel soon,

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here last night. The location is just perfect. The rooms are small but very clean and warm. The hotel is spotless throughout, it has a fantastic roof top terrace a beautiful reception. TGI Fridays is below, Tesco is across the street as is many clubs pubs and restaurants. The staff were lovely and the hotel was nice and quiet. There is normally a €5 charge for wifi which is abit crap but due to a wee hiccup with our booking we got this for free, which was brill. We will defo be back to this hotel. All in all it was perfect. Thank you for making our stay a good one

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Greg F, General Manager at The Fleet Street Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Anouska K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us this week, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to the Fleet Street Hotel and our location perfect. It gives me great pleasure to pass your comments onto my team and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the near future,

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

You can't get a better location than the Fleet street, its right in the centre of Temple bar. Fair enough it doesn't look much from the outside, but what it lacks in looks it gains in character. The staff are very friendly. Rooms are well appointed and very clean. I think compact and bijoux best describes the room we had. I've read reviews that say its a noisy hotel, not our experience. The breaky is very tasty and there's plenty to choose from.
I'd recommend anyone visiting Dublin to have a few beers in the Temple Bar and Old Storehouse. The Guinness there is exquisite! We sampled a few and some. I'd recommend you finish the night off by savouring the delights of Abrakebabra, this is one of Dublin's finest eateries in my opinion!
We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the hotel as they seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JojoG1980,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us in January, I was delighted to read that your enjoyed your visit to the Fleet Street Hotel and found our team friendly and we look forward to Wecloming you back for your next visit to Dublin,

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here on business for a couple of evenings, hoping to get some work done and then relax in the Temple Bar district.
Wi-fi is charged at €5/24h, which seems unnecessary in a modern hotel, and it couldn't be pre-booked and paid for which would have been useful on a business trip.
The first evening was fine and breakfast in the morning was quite tasty, with a good selection of continental foodstuffs and a basic cooked option too. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were very stiff.
My second evening was eventful as the shower wouldn't turn off, so after informing reception I entertained a mechanic in my room for 10 minutes whilst I tried to work, but then had to pack all of my bags and take them back to reception in order to move rooms, to a completely different floor. I wasn't offered any help with my bags, which were a bit of a struggle given how hastily packed they were.
After all this, when retiring for the night I was disappointed to find the room much noisier than the first room I was in, being on the other side of the hotel. This was rather unexpected for a Thursday night.
At some point during the night a (clearly very drunk) individual ran through the hotel corridor screaming at the top of his lungs a mixture of unintelligible nonsense and various phrases which I can't write on a family-friendly website.
I'm sorry to say I probably won't be staying again - there must be easier ways to enjoy central Dublin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business