“Excellent food!”

Kilkenny Cafe and Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Our recently refurbished eatery in Dublin's city center with views overlooking Trinity college offers our guests an experience to remember. Fresh and seasonal ingredients are used to produce daily offerings by our team of highly committed chefs. Truly passionate and friendly staff will offer hospitality that is hard to beat.
Panjim, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I think this was the best place i had food at in Ireland,They have a good range of continental food.I enjoyed the Roast Lamb here with mashed potato and a unique kind of potato chips.The taste was just amazing.

Visited July 2014

New York City
“Grand old Ireland with excellent service and hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

What more can you say about finding a great traditional Irish Breakfast that not only will knock your socks off, but won't break the bank! Well that's just what you will find when you discover this gem of Dublin!

I had been out and about waiting to check into my hotel when I stumbled upon this great cafe and store. The sounds of traditional Irish Music (live I might add) lured me in and I couldn't resist the opportunity to try my first "Traditional Irish Breakfast"... upon arriving once again, I found the Dubliners to be SO incredibly hospitable and welcoming. I was greeted and assisted by a very nice gentleman by the name of Colin who was very personable and sincere in helping me understand what "Black Pudding" was as it is something I've never heard of before. After his friendly explaination, he not only eased my fear, but I was intriguedand excited to give it a go! After being served, he helped me to my table (as I was carry all of my luggage) and helped me get settled. You will really feel at home here and welcomed as if you are a local.

The food not only was cooked to perfection... but what more can I say "Black Pudding" is delicious! I never tasted anything quite like and though knowing it was a type of blood sausage, it never came across as such at all. Very flavorful and yet a comforting quality to it. Kilkenny has a ton of great Irish collectables and more... Definitely worth the visit! Will be coming back every time I am in Dublin

2 Thank Will H
Dublin
“"A Taste of Kilkenny in the Heart of Dublin"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I visited the Kilkenny Cafe today for lunch, I am lucky that it is just down the road from my work and I have to say that every time I go there I am more than satisfied. There is a fabulous choice of fresh tasty food there, weather you are interested in a small lunch or something a bit more substantial. The service there is second to none. Today I chose the quiche which comes with 2 salads of your choice. It was absolutely mouth watering. As I went to pay for it I was greeted by Gerry the Manager who is always so happy and helpful. There is a fantastic atmosphere here. I have to say the service is second to none. If you have trouble finding a table, help is always at hand. I often go there with my boyfriend who is a qualified chef and we both find the food there is delicious. Weather you are an office worker like me, or a tourist, it's a perfect place to go. Also when you have had your lunch you can take a look around the shop which has everything from butlers chocolates to designer dresses. If you are in the area, drop in and you won't be dissapointed.

Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious breakfast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

€6 for a delicious full irish breakfast including toast (with butter & jam) and a nice mug of coffee! They have nice choices including large whole mushroom, potato cakes, cherry tomatoes, scrambled eggs with chives, etc. Lovely place to go as the restaurant is large so feels spacious and bright where the staff were so polite and friendly / chatty. Toilets very clean. Would definitely go again!

Ireland
“Great Selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Kilkenny cafe has a wonderful selection of fresh food available daily. Whether you fancy breakfast, tea and cake or the full works you will not be disappointed. I have eaten here on numerous occasions whilst visiting Dublin and I would highly recommend this cafe.

• Visited June 2014