“Holy Communion”

Burnell Grill
Ranked #1,081 of 2,560 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Bar, European
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Holy Communion”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My daughter had her Communion on 25th May and we decided to have her meal in Burnell`s. From the day I made enquiries I knew it was going to be good. I spoke to Louise and she emailed me a copy of the Communion menu and the A La Carte menu when I made the booking. The menu for both was excellent but we went with the A La Carte. We were shown to our table, and it was a lovely table at the window. It wasn`t too busy as it was still early. The selection of food on the menu was very good and when we ordered our food it was served exactly as we wanted. The staff were pleasant and efficient. It is priced very well also. We left around ten and there was music just starting in the bar. We had known about Burnell`s for some time but that was the first visit but I don`t think it will be the last so if you`re in the area try it out, you won`t be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

“A Very Enjoyable Meal!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

It has been a number of months since we visited the restaurant in the Hilton Dublin Airport but after our visit on Saturday, we were really pleased with our choice.

The restaurant menu has been changed and the new menu provides a good choice suitable for all tastes.

From our starters to our mains to desert - each course was as good as the last. We both had steaks for our main course and they were really divine, they just melted in our mouths and were possibly the best steaks that we've had in a long time.

The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly.

It's not the cheapest of restaurants and the prices have risen slightly since our last visit but for the quality and quantity of food that we received, in addition to the service we had, it was worth the money.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Celticcreation
CT
“Not much of a choice”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with a nice bar and so so restaurant. Not many choices nearby for food if you do not have a car. We had a nice panini sandwich and a not so good strawberry cheesecake for lunch. For dinner we had the Irish stew, mostly broth and fish and chips which were ok but again nothing to brag about. So for the convenience factor it was nice to have this available but stick with the lunch or sandwiches for dinner.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank CtFamilyman
“Great Value Early Bird”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wouldn't personally pay the prices they ask for when its not the early bird menu but I do enjoy the early bird menu options and price. €18.50 pp for two course is great value(6pm-7.30pm). The staff are always friendly. I LOVE the complimentary breads offered and various spreads(sometimes its pesto, sometimes its a salsa like spread). I always feel very welcome when I dine there. Have been many many times.

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank Ms-HoneyBadger
California
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Luckily I rated it a poor since the food wasn't that bad. Otherwise I would have rated it a terrible due to the poor service in the bar and the grill. The management (a young lady whose name escapes me) had no clue how to organize the team and people to pay attention to customers. Servers and staff were all other the place but most of the time nonexistent and not productive. My wife has worked in hospitality for 25 years and this was one of the worst places she has ever seen. Does Hilton ever audit this place. Why should people have to go to the bar to re-order their drinks? This place needs a management shake-up in my opinion. We also went to eat dinner at 6pm and were told the dinner was delayed due to a wedding being held because the kitchen could not handle the load - yet they were serving hot food at the bar. Again something we've never heard of and another sign of poor management. Guests were turned away from eating dinner.

• Visited August 2011