“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Set in the heart of Georgian Dublin, on the west side of historic St Stephen's Green, award-winning Restaurant FortyOne embodies the best of Modern Irish dining. Relish the output of one of the city's most accomplished chefs in smart, comfortable surroundings, while savouring dishes that showcase world-class, gastronomic flair, combined with a desire to let the best of Irish produce - much of which comes from the restaurant's own organic gardens - shine.
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had dinner here last night and overall it was a five star experience. From arrival to departure the service was excellent. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and professional and the food compares well with any other highly rated Dublin restaurants.

• Visited February 2013

Netherlands
“good location and special atmosphere”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This review is written in English.
A restaurant with different dining rooms which create a special atmosphere. Located at the Green which is great. It is really worthwhile enjoying the good food in a very nice environment. You get sufficient inspiration to extend your enjoyable evening and visit one of the nearby locations for afterdinks. At least we enjoyed it!

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Restaurant with secret garden in Dublin”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had dinner here last week and I have to say it was a very enjoyable experience from start to finish. We were a little nervous entering the Residence Club as we are not Members , however the welcome from the lady at the desk was warm and friendly and we were soon put to our ease. We were given the choice of going for a drink at the bar or direct to our table which we did. I had the 6 course tasting menu . The presentation , taste and quality of the food served was outstanding. From gorgeous roast prawns ( big proper Dublin Bay’’s ) to hand dived scallop with cep puree, again a big generous one beautifully caramelised - ( one of the best dishes I have had for a long time ) to little teasers like Lamb Tartar bursting with flavour yet each not over powering the other. The presentation of the Woodcock had to be seen to be believed, so clever the little presentation of the leg and beak, beautifully cooked breast, moist tender and just pink, this dish can so easily be over or under done, not here. Service during dinner was efficient friendly and helpful without being intrusive, a professional team I would have thought. After dinner we retired to the garden for a drink,( yes in Ireland in February ! , it was very well sheltered and heated etc ) a really happening place and a great atmosphere. Next time in Dublin we will be back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Brunobu
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very special anniversary”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I like noelnoblett's description of feeling like Lady Grantham in her Victorian city centre manor when visiting this restaurant. When my husband and I celebrated our anniversary here last year, I very much felt like that because this lovely townhouse was actually my Great Grandmother's childhood home. She was a bit of a Sybil Grantham - falling in love with a Kiwi soldier in Flanders and running away from her socialite life, and this was my first visit to her home country. What a wonderful introduction. The house looked superb, the meal and wine were perfect and the service was artistry in motion. We were looked after wonderfully. The price was a choker on our exchange rate, but we would of course have gone at any price. An unforgettable experience for us. My Great Grandmother always had to have things just right - and I know she would have approved.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Joanna C
Wexford, Ireland
“Unique Attentive Afternoon”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I felt like Lady Grantham in my Victorian city center manor. The staff were so attentive and went through motions I've never seen in a restaurant before. Really great experiance.

1 Thank noelnoblett