“"Not my fault about your bad day!"”
Review of Milano Grand Canal

Milano Grand Canal
Ranked #1,045 of 2,595 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Not my fault about your bad day!"”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was starving with a friend and we decided to pop in here for a bite to eat. I was quite hesitant as my first time here about 2 years ago was horrific as the food and service was diabolical. Not to my surprise, this time around was just as bad. The waiter was extremely unpolite and didn't seem to know anything about the menu and when we asked what he recommended, he replied "I don't like Italian food"...AT LEAST TRY TO MAKE AN EFFORT AND LIE! The food took an age to come.

Well, I won't be back, I know plenty of other restaurants and cafes where the staff treat you with the utmost respect. Aren't we the customers paying their wages? Yea, I think a kick up the behind is a must!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Emily300

• Turkish first
Drogheda
“Cheese-Lovers' Paradise”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you love cheese-laden Italian food then this is the place to go. A group of six of us had €190 in Tesco vouchers for Milano, and we managed to eat our way through €170 of food. The food was excellent and the staff was friendly. I particularly enjoyed the risotto appetiser and the Pollo Pesto.

• Visited December 2013
County Dublin, Ireland
“Not to my liking”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I know Milanos is a famous restaurant in Ireland with a few branches, but they're not that great. Everything on the menu has cheese, which I'm allergic too so even pasta or salad was hard to order. My mom ordered pizza, and said that its annoying the way they don't cut it into slices before serving. The prices are also quite hefty for just pizza or salad which can be gotten elsewhere much cheaper (and at better portions!)

However, the staff were friendly and the atmosphere is nice with a good view.

Belfast, Ireland
“A cheaper bite than the Arena”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

For those wanting to eat before attending the O2 Arena this is a cheaper alternative - plenty of seating and fair prices for a meal for 2.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank TechGuy123
Dublin, Ireland
“Management: shame on you for your dessert sizes”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am not saying I would ever expect much of a fast food pizza place, but at least fairness. The pizzas are very expensive, but hey I don´t mind if they are good. BUT what you have to pay - if you want a dessert (especially take away) is a joke. 5,50 € for a brownie that is a quarter the size of a normal brownie....yes bla bla ...usually it comes with an espresso if you eat in the place, but what if it is 10.30 at night and hey "you don´t want an espresso"??? management be a bit more flexible guys...this is ridiculous! Give a bigger piece then...not one as big as a mini-cookie. And this is me, not beeing stingy ...I am happy to pay a few hundred euros for my food if it is worth it. It is just about making a point. Be fair to your clients!

• Visited September 2013