“Worth it to start with”
Review of DoDublin

Ranked #8 of 235 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DoDublin - Dubliner's Guide to Dublin. Dublin's original hop on hop off tour, with the city's best award winning, Fáilte Ireland trained guides. Providing quality tours since 1988. Stopping at Dublin's major attractions such as Guinness Storehouse, Jameson Distillery Bow St, Kilmainham Gaol, Dublin Zoo, EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum, and Bord Gais Energy Theatre. Live entertaining commentary, Multilingual recorded commentary. Free Walking Tour,Free entrance to the Little Museum of Dublin, Free Kids, Free Map and Discount Guide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time visiting Dublin and I love the city. I had never gone too far out of the center as I always walked. This time I started with this tour bus to be able to get to a few more out of the area attractions like Jameson Distillery etc. I think for 18 Euro it is a good value as it drops you basically at the door to most tourist attractions and you get two days of on and off. Some hotels let you charge to your room also so very convenient in that way. I liked the drivers as they are knowledge and good. I do not like that it takes 1.5 hours to go around loop and you hear same stuff over and over if u jump on and off etc to use more for transportation. I would suggest not riding it all the way around first then going back since it takes so long. Just get off and do what you want the first time around if you can. I also do like that it took us out by the zoo as I had not gone that far out but adds a lot of time to the loop. Happy Travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,607)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Brilliant commentary throughout , and I think that Michael is probably one of your best drivers as he made me laugh so much with his witty humour and great overall knowledge on the tours . Plus Derek was really good when he did the south coast tour

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently took a holiday to Ireland. We purchased the 3 day "Freedom of the City" ticket which included transport to/from the airport to Dublin town centre, any public bus transportation we needed, plus the Hop On Hop Off tour. The tour guides were loads of fun! Very pleasant, helpful, full of information, and songs too. :) Dublin is a big city and hard to see on your own. This tour takes you to all the hot spots. You get the benefit of a tour guide and the freedom of doing your own thing at any point you want... The best of both worlds! Buses come by every stop every 10-15 minutes. Very convenient. We would definitely do this again.
TIP: Take the full tour (which lasts about an hour and a half) before getting off at any stops. This will help you decide where you want to stop and where all the off/on points are located.

1  Thank holmes3strandcord
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a company trip to Powerscourt gardens and it was absolutely excellent. The driver (Michael) was very funny and kept us entertained during the trip. A massive thank you from our company towards him for making this an amazing trip !
The south and Powerscourt Gardens were beatiful, took loads of pictures and had a blast.
A great trip !

Miriam B, Manager at DoDublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dave, thank you for taking the time to post your review and the photographs. Michael is indeed a great driver and we've passed on your comments to him! Powerscourt Gardens are at their best this time of year we think- glad you got the chance to experience them!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Good way of getting acquainted with the history of Dublin and city layout. Most guides were friendly and helpful.