“Great value in a great location!”
Review of Harding Hotel

Harding Hotel
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've now stayed at the Harding Hotel 3 times in the past 14 years and have enjoyed each and every one. Located in Temple Bar, but not quite in the thick of the heavy tourist area, the location is perfect to explore the popular area but to also be able to escape and check out some of the other local 'musts' like Christchurch, Braen Head Pub, and the Guinness Storehouse. The hotel is very clean and the remodled lobby and pub located in the basement give the property a quant sophistication.

The room we stayed in on our most recent visit in June 2013 was large, but simple. A few recommendations to the hotel would be to upgrade the televisions and bathrooms. The room felt a little dated, although it was certainly clean and well maintained. The room did contain an ironing board and iron that is rare to find in many boutique hotels in Europe.

Our room was located in the rear of the building, adjacent to an alley and separate pub. I was concerned that there would be noise issues, but ultimately it turned out to be just fine. In fact, it might be better to be in the rear of the building since I know from previous stays that rooms facing the street and over the hotel pub CAN be noisy at times, especially on weekend nights.

The front desk service was excellent and they were attentive to our needs by calling cabs when needed and offering advice over where to eat and what to do in Dublin. Jon Hynes, the hotel manager did a fabulous job making sure we were as comfortable as could possibly be.

The Harding is a great stay for those that want to explore Dublin on both a time and monetary budget.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the rear of the property as the front rooms could get noisy at times on the weekend...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Magmystour,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin - we are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time in the Harding and that we may have helped make your trip a memorable one.

It is always great to hear back from guests who have stayed before and continue to stay with us whenever needing accommodation in Dublin and we hope that you will continue to stay with us for may future visits in the coming years.

I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with your room, and that you found the hotel staff to be helpful and friendly and that we are so conveniently located to enable guests to sightsee and socialize effortlessly.

Please feel free to contact the hotel at info@hardinghotel.ie to arrange any future visits and I hope that you will be as impressed as before with your next stay.

Regards,

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,322)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

In the heart of old town, Dublin. Minutes from temple bar area. Great front desk help. Clean big room. Just the basics but nice room. Very very noisy at night with the bar below. Nothing got quiet until about 1:30 am. Beware.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear seetheworld010,

Thank you for the review you have submitted recently following your recent visit to Dublin.

I do apologize if the lively hotel bar disturbed you over your weekend stay with the Harding Hotel, and I have raised the matter with the bar management to ensure that guests can get sleep on Friday & Saturday nights.
We would always recommend that guests who are light sleepers to ask for a room high up the building and to the rear - what you lose in a view you gain from not having the bells from Christchurch or the bar/street noise possibly affect their sleep.

On the positive side I was delighted that you found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly, that the room was clean and spacious and as you point out we are very lucky with our extremely convenient location.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back once again to the Harding Hotel please use info@hardinghotel.ie to arrange and we would ensure that you received a better nights sleep.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Harding Hotel twice now while visiting Ireland and I can not say enough good things about the hotel, bistro, pub or ESPECIALLY the staff!!! They were a delight to come back to! They took care of every need I had and were extremely pleasant!! Thank you for everything you did for me while visiting and if I ever return I will be staying with you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kim04182013
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Kim04182013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Harding hotel following your most recent visit to Dublin.

I am delighted to read that it was your second visit to the Harding and that we haven't disappointed you and met your expectations with regards standards and levels of customer care.

We are very proud of our Irish welcome and I'm so pleased that you found the hotel's staff to be so helpful and friendly.

It would be our pleasure to accommodate you once more and please feel free to contact the hotel directly on info@hardinghotel.ie to arrange a booking.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed two nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I had a single and the room was a good size with large windows overlooking Christchurch Cathedral. The stop for the bus from the airport is just down the street making it very convenient. It is also walking distance to all the sights. I didn't take the breakfast but wish I had as it was very good the morning I ate there. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank flaguy
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear flaguy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

It was a pleasure to have accommodated you while you stayed in Dublin and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time spent in the Harding Hotel.

We do have a wonderful location to explore the city and also Christchurch Cathedral offers a marvellous view for our guests - I am so glad that you appreciated these factors.
We certainly place a huge emphasis on customer service so I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly.

It is also very satisfying that you enjoyed the breakfast in the Harding Hotel and should you wish to book a B&B rate in the future you can always book directly with the hotel on info@hardinghotel.ie

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Harding Hotel twice now while traveling around Ireland. The best aspect of this hotel is the great location. Practically everything you could want to see or visit in Dublin is within walking distance. The bistro and pub attached to the Harding Hotel are amazing. The food is delicious and the live music at the pub always makes for a memorable and entertaining evening. The staff are friendly and helpful. If I ever come back to Dublin again, I know where I will be staying.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bwobbe

Dear bwobbe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stays with the Harding Hotel when visiting Dublin.

We are delighted that choose the Harding Hotel for your 2 visits to Dublin and that your impression of the Harding Hotel was so positive.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's bar and dining facilities while also finding our location to be so convenient for sightseeing and socializing.

It is always very gratifying for our guests to say that they will return to Dublin in the future and once again stay with the Harding, it is our best form of advertising to have past guests recommend us to their friends and family, so again we are very grateful for your kind words.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at Harding Hotel in late May 2013. The room was clean and fairly quiet (there is a church nearby that rings a bell, but I only heard it one night). It was close to everything. There is a hop on/hop off bus tour stop, Trinity College (Book of Kells), Dublinia, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Temple Bar & the Official Tourist Info place all within a 5-10 min walk. Very Convenient and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They do not, however, have washrags.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dana D
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Dana D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin we appreciate all feedback and very grateful for your kind words.

I was very pleased to hear that you found our wonderful location to be so convenient for your sightseeing and socializing needs; that the Harding Hotel staff were friendly and helpful and that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

We would hope to be able to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel again in the near future and should you wish to arrange this please contact the hotel directly on info@hardinghotel.ie

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Requested a quite room and we were given a large room on the fifth floor at the rear of the hotel. Very comfortable and complete silence at night. I didn't expect air con, but the room had it. The staff are first rate and the position, opposite Christchurch Cathedral, could not be better. I just hope that they have a vacancy when we next return to Dublin!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JSJyork
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear JSJyork,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time spent in the Harding so much and it was our pleasure to have accommodated you and your colleagues.
It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed the room and hotel's standards, the staff and found our location to be so conveniently situated to allow you visit attractions and the Temple Bar area all while being located in Dublin's lovely Old City area.

We would certainly love to welcome you and any friends or family members back to the Harding again in the near future and please feel free to contact the hotel directly at info@hardinghotel.ie to arrange a booking.