Harding Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Eliza Lodge(Dublin)
2,388 results
All reviewscopper alley bistrochrist church cathedraltemple barkelly's bargreat locationdarkey kellystartswithin walking distancedublin castlegreat pubairlink bussingle roomtrinity collegeguinness storehouseirish musiclight sleeperwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

being dublin exiles we go to dublin as mant times as we can and we always head to hardings hotel and especially darky kellys bar on a sat&sunday for the traditional music it is fantastic we have stayed at the hotel on several occasions and always found it to be as good as it gets it is a 3 star hotel with seven star service. the only problem we have found is in the bar in the cold weather is when anybody goes in and out through the lobby the draught is enough to cut your legs of it would benefit from some sort of air curtain or inner door still a great place though .dublin exile

Room Tip: dont miss the traditional music sessions on saterday and sunday one of the best in dublin
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear sparksredditch,

Thank you for your kind words and for also taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted to read that enjoyed the Harding Hotel's facilities so much especially the hotel bar, Darkey Kellys, and the music played there over the weekend.

I hope that we can welcome you back again to the city and the Harding Hotel in the very near future and that you can once again enjoy the weekend sessions.
We truly appreciate your repeat custom and please feel free to contact the Harding directly to arrange your next stay to avail of our most competitive rates.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Harding is in a great location (easy walking to Temple Bar, Guiness Warehouse, etc.). The rooms are clean and comfortable, I liked hearing the cathedral bells and the general bustle of Dublin. The staff made our stay! Lots of helpful advice about getting around and making the most of our weekend - the hop on hop off bus and an annotated map got us to the zoo and the Jameson's distillery. The restaurant provided a good start to the day and helped us celebrate a special birthday with a tasty meal and personalised cake.

Many thanks for a super stay.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Chrissmithpage,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Harding Hotel and your experience of your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

I'm delighted to read that everyone enjoyed their stay and found the Harding to be so wonderfully and conveniently located allowing you access to the hop-on-hop-off buses just around the corner but also that if desired you were within a short walk of the majority of the city center attractions.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff especially at reception, the bar and in the Bistro, to further motivate them to try and make everyone's visit to Dublin as special for them as possible.

It was great that you found the bells to be charming and not at all intrusive as I feel that the Cathedral adds great character to the Old City area where we are blessed to be located.
As they don't ring too long that often guests often find they become accustomed to the bells very quickly and do appreciate the peels but for those who don't think they will care for them we ask them to request a rear facing room away from the street and the Cathedral.

I do hope that should you, any of your friends, colleagues or family members decide to return to Dublin that we may have the opportunity to accommodate you once more and that you experience the same high levels of care and quality as experienced this time, and please by all means feel free to contact me at the Harding Hotel directly to organize.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend Thursday to Sunday in January. The hotel is clean and catered for all our needs.

We both stayed in a single room which was the perfect size for a few nights and the shower was great, as was the central heating which warmed up the room straight away. The TV was a really old portable TV but this was not a problem for me as I hardly spent any time in the room. Free wifi was a great touch.

There is a great bar attached to the hotel, Darky Kelly's which we used a few times and highly recommend the Irish Coffee and 241 cocktails! Great location, about 10 minute walk into Temple Bar and about 20 mins in a taxi from the airport which came to €30.

All in all a great stay with very friendly staff. I locked my room card in my room by mistake and the reception staff were happy to help me with a new one.

I would recommend and go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Sianie_88,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Harding Hotel after visiting dublin recently.

It was indeed our pleasure to have accommodated you and I'm delighted to read that you felt that we met your expectations of quality standards and service levels.

We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel bar, the wonderfully convenient location and the free Wi-Fi and hope that should you return to Dublin again that we may once more have the privilege of accommodating you.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

A great hotel for Central dublin. Its rooms are very quite for a place that is in the middle of such a busy street and above there bar. The staff are friendly and the nite porter helped me get an Iron and a few late bottles of beer after the bar had shut.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear corporal 747,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be so comfortable and conveniently located for your needs, and also quiet even though we are in a busy area.
It was our pleasure to have accommodated you during your visit and I'm so glad to hear that you found the staff to be so helpful and friendly.

We hope that you may stay with us again in the near future when returning to Dublin.

Regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location is perfect, on one edge of Temple Bar and a block from the River Liffey. I did not use any public transportation at due to the very centralized location. The convenience to the bus stop to get from and to the airport was unbelieveable! Right around the corner!

The staff was helpful, offering suggestions and advice. One in particular, Mrs. Murphy, was the one I encountered the most and I took her advice on excursions and pubs and she was dead on every time. She even surprised me with a Happy Birthday greeting that a friend of mine had emailed the hotel and requested.

The room was a very typical european effieciency room, with a very small bathroom ensuite. It was very tidy and clean, with a kettle, refrigerator, tv, and a mind blowing view of Christchurch Cathedral. If I had to make any criticisms of this hotel at all it would be that the carpet was really worn, though the staff did a good job of keeping it vacuumed, and the bed was less than stellar. I wasn't there to rest and relax however, and sleep was still accomplished despite the 1 rating I give the bed and pillow.

Overall this hotel is 2 thumbs up, with all of the the things you need to have an enjoyable stay in Dublin. Were I to return to Dublin I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the cathedral! The bells ring every hour and there was some kind of bell concert on Friday at 6pm, but I found it charming.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mentat72,

Thank you for posting a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

We appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel and are delighted that your overall experience of the Harding is so positive.

It is especially nice to read that someone found the Cathedral and its' bells to be so charming as all to often we only hear from the people who don't appreciate the aspects such a fine old building offers.
Should guests not particularly care for the bells or the view of the Cathedral we ask that they make a request prior to arrival to be located to the rear of the building and we endeavor to allocate them such a room.

We are very glad that you found the room to be comfortable & clean and you enjoyed the Irish welcome and service from Emma, our front desk manager, that unbeatable convenient location suited your needs perfectly and that you rate the hotel as great value for money.

I hope that we may be able to accommodate you again in the near future should you get the opportunity to return to Dublin.