“Loved your hotel...”
Review of Harding Hotel

Harding Hotel
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great location, great service, friendly. For the price well worth the value. Came here for the Springsteen concert and I thoroughly enjoyed the service. The manager and the young lady at the desk were more than accommodating and helpful in every way. I will be back here.

Stayed: July 2012
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Jackie B B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

It was our pleasure to have accommodated you for your stay recently, I'm delighted that you enjoyed the Harding Hotel and also Dublin for the Bruce Springsteen concert.

I was very glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's excellent location as well as our warm and friendly staff and that you felt that that the Harding Hotel is good value for money.
It is always encouraging for the hotel staff to read reviews that appreciate all their efforts to maintain our standards.

I would hope that we may be able to accommodate you again in the very near future should you return to Dublin.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,325)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel is very good located for those interested in visiting the city. There is a direct bus from the airport that stops very close-by. Take the airlink bus, at 10 euro return ticket. You will read the name of the hotel already in the stops map at the airport and inside the bus.
I stayed there 4 nights and it is walking distance from the major tourists attractions (museums, castle, church) and from the majority of restaurants and pubs for the evening. In my room the heating was very high when I arrived and my first night was not peaceful but after that the reception staff helped me and fixed to the right temperature. The staff is very helpful and nice, always smiling. The room was at the last, 5th floor and was silent (despite other reviews worried me a bit). I had a nice bow window to enjoy the light of Dublin. (but certainly not the view of the other roofs, not astonishing). Unfortunately, I cannot say anything about breakfast as it started at 7.30 and since I was there for business reasons, I always had to leave at the same time 7.30. Anyway it is plenty of coffee bars where to go outside. or you can make yourself a coffee in your room with the complimentary Nescafe available.
Good value for money! I can certainly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear hinanos,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and found the hotel's location and our warm friendly staff to be so accommodating to make your experience so positive.

It was indeed our pleasure to have looked after you and we are so glad that you thought the service and standards were to your expectations.
I would hope that we may have another opportunity to accommodate you in the very near future.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Harding Hotel is an excellent base from which to explore Dublin. We walked everywhere we wanted to go! We asked for an upper floor quiet room and that is what we got. Our room wasn't fancy, but clean and priced right. (Why do people expect a luxury hotel at economy rates?) Service was outstanding. Aine in particular went above and beyond the call of duty to arrange for us to pick up an item we had left in a rental car when we dropped it off at the airport. She made multiple calls and we did end up getting the item back. Thanks, Aine!

Room Tip: Don't bring a car to Dublin!! First, you don't need one if you're staying at the Harding...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Linda L,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that you had such a pleasurable experience in Dublin and in the Harding Hotel.
We pride ourselves on offering high quality comfortable rooms, with warm welcoming service, in a great location and all at good value prices, so it is refreshing to hear positive feedback from guests who have enjoyed these standards.

I will pass on your thanks to Aine, and I hope that we may have the privilege of accommodating you again should you return to Dublin.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Right across from Christ Church on Fishamble St, this is an excellent location within easy walking distance of everything you will likely want to see. In one direction lies the Guinness plant, and in the other the pub scene. Being within walking distance of the numerous pubs (many with excellent live music) is a treat if you want to have a couple of pints. Highly recommended! There is an internet cafe nearby as well as some alternative breakfast options, all within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: There was a bit of pub noise in the rooms facing the church, but nothing major to complain about.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear johnyytraveler,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with the Harding Hotel and that you found the hotel's location to be so convenient for all your needs while in Dublin, and that the hotel's services and standards were to your satisfaction.

It was our pleasure to have accommodated you and I hope that we may have the opportunity again in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our family of four stayed at the Harding Hotel in mid-June 2012, our first two nights in Ireland. We took a taxi from the airport, although there is an airport bus that stops right around the corner from the hotel. We were welcomed warmly upon checking in, and the lobby was attractive. We had two rooms, one with two beds on the back side of the hotel, and one with one bed on the front side. Yes, the bells of Christchurch Cathedral do ring every 15 minutes, but we soon got used to the sounds. Other than the bells, the hotel was not noisy. The rooms were both very spacious and clean. One room even had a little separate nook near one of the two windows, and they both had cute little tea stations. The room temperature and beds were comfortable. The location was perfect and convenient for us: on the edge of Temple Bar, close enough to walk most of the places we wanted to see. We didn’t eat at the hotel but can recommend the Queen of Tarts nearby. We enjoyed staying at the Harding and would stay there again if we are lucky enough to return to Ireland.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. The rooms were spacious and the one on the front side had a nice view.
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear lisareviewer,

Thank you for taking the post a review of the Harding Hotel after your recent trip to Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Harding Hotel , it was our great pleasure to have looked after you and your family while you stayed with us.

It is especially nice to hear that you found the Harding to be great value while having the standards and services you expected, as well as the very convenient location we have in terms of sightseeing and public transport links.

I hope that should you wish to return to Dublin that we may be able to accommodate you once more and that we look after you as well again.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We selected hotel from own website and thought standard of room was definitely not as depicted, rated or priced. The decor was bad and ensuite facilities somewhat outdated. The shower temperature was so variable over our 3 night stay. Location was very good as within walking distance although was noisy at times.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Tucantango,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

I was very disappointed to hear that you did not have a enjoyable stay while visiting the hotel.

All rooms have been approved as 3 star standard by the state authority regulating hotel standards but I am sorry that you feel that the room's standards and facilities were not to your expectations.

So many of the hotel guests comment that they feel the hotel is excellent value for money, with good services and facilities and friendly staff that I would like to think that your review is the exception.

I would love to be able to change your mind with regards your opinion of the Harding Hotel and should you wish to contact me directly at the hotel I'm sure that we can arrange to accommodate you in the near future with much better standards and services at a heavily discounted rate.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Excellent value, especially for the price. Clean, close to everything, comfortable bed, and staff was helpful and friendly. AC and fridge in the room were great additions.

Room Tip: A lot of people have commented about the bells but we did not find that to be an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Zack P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay while visiting Dublin and sharing your experiences with us.

I was dleighted to hear that you found the stay to be so enjoyable and it is always pleasing to be able to share feedback like this with the hotel staff who work so hard for our guests to enjoy their time with us as you seem to have.

The Harding Hotel is very proud to offer high quality accommodation, in a wonderful central location with an emphasis on value and it is very welcome that you found this too.

I would hope that we may have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to the Harding Hotel in the very near future.