“Good budget hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
donegal
“Good budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Nice clean hotel.Rooms are small but more than adequate.great location near Temple Bar.Staff friendly.I will stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank tripsterDonegal
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear tripsterDonegal,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay with us when visiting Dublin.

I was glad to read from your review that the Harding Hotel met your expectations in terms of quality, value, services and staff and that you found our location to be very convenient for your needs.

I was delighted to hear that you felt that the value for your stay in the Harding was excellent and that you would consider us again for your accommodation needs when returning to Dublin.

Thank you again for your feedback as we are committed to constantly improving our standards and facilities for all our guests, all reviews are treated very importantly.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

The desk staff at the hotel were more than accomodating, locked up my bags for me when I arrived, called a cab and got me tea while I waited when I departed. They also gave me excellent advice on directions and attractions. The room (a single) was small but adequate, clean and well-appointed. No major complaints. Hotel has an elevator (bonus), and it was only a block or two from the #10 HoHo bus stop -Also same bus stop on the Aerlink bus from the airport, very convenient. Right across the street from Christ Church Cathedral. Only complaint would be that the lighting in the room was very dim. Wall sconces and over head lights were low, and it was difficult to read by. Other than that, well satisfied.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Nettskee
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Nettskee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin city.

We take great pride in our standards, levels of service and value for money so I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your time in and your experience of the Harding Hotel and hopefully made your Dublin trip a success.

I was especially glad to see that you remarked upon the Harding's great location in terms of sightseeing either by foot or by bus and also the easy transport links that are just around the corner from the hotel.

All of our staffs pride themselves on their friendliness and eagerness to help - whether it was getting you a quick cup of tea to settle the nerves before driving for the first time in Ireland (I trust it went well?!) - as best we can, these are the little things that people value more than anything else and offer a true slice of the "Irish experience"

I do hope that we may be able to accommodate you again in the very near future should you return to Dublin and that your next experience will be as favorable as this most recent stay proved to be.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

I've got to be honest and say I found this hotel frustrating, it was a place that has the potential to be excellent with some investment but sadly a few things let it down which is why I only rated it a 3/5.

We got there in the evening and first impressions when we pulled up outside were very good, they still had their Christmas decorations up as it was just before New Year and it made the hotel foyer look fantastic. The staff were excellent and amongst the most friendly I've met on my travels as was the location of the hotel, so far everything was perfect until we went upstairs...

We got the lift up to the second floor where we were staying and the first thing that hit us was the strong smell of stale cigarette smoke when the elevator door opened, I'm not sure of the law in Ireland but as a non smoker it's not something you want to have to face every time you leave or return to the room.

Then there was the room, it was very basic which isn't a problem but the tv was terrible, I don't even think they make them like that any more and also there was some interference with the signal which meant you couldn't watch it for 2 seconds in every 20 which again was frustrating.

While the smell of smoke was terrible and the tv hardly ideal these were all things I could live with, however the temperature of the room on the first night was unbearable, it wasn't the radiator kicking off the heat as it wasn't turned on but the 2 inch water pipe running underneath it that went the length of the room. When you have to sleep on top of the covers with the window wide open and the fan on full in December you know something is off, the following nights the room was fine but that first night was not comfortable for either myself or my pregnant partner.

Even after all that I'd still stop here again if I was in Dublin just because I'd hope that one day they see the potential in the place and attempt to make it worthy of a 5* rating that it could get with investment, unfortunately until then it falls short.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Dear WelshBoy 1980,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel after your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that there were some aspects to your stay that made it not as pleasant as either you or the Harding would wish.

To deal with your points raised - we have addressed the issue of guests smoking in rooms by making the entire building smoke free since the beginning of this year.
Previously we did have 2 floors (1st and 2nd) that guests could smoke on, but now anyone who wishes to smoke MUST do so outside the building.
We have done this to cater to the vast majority of guests who request non-smoking rooms so I would expect and hope that this issue should not be repeated.

I do apologize if the hotel's heating system made it uncomfortable for you and your partner to sleep, but as we are quite an old building the solid brickwork insulates the building very effectively whenever we do run the heating.
This winter has been unusually mild but we do run the heating to cater to all those guests who might not be as accustomed to Irish winters.

We are planning on upgrading the TV's in the hotel to flat screen style units and obviously we will work on any reception issues that may exist to ensure all guests have the chance to enjoy the channels we can offer with improved clarity and larger screens.

I am grateful that you have brought these points to our attention and that I have had the chance to answer them and update you and future guests on the situation.
I am also grateful that you highlighted the positive aspects of the Harding too in your review and appreciated the efforts of the staff and enjoyed the hotel's excellent location.
We are of course very passionate and committed to providing a high quality levels of service and standards within the hotel with a good sense of value, and feedback like yours allows us to contantly improve and work on our efforts to ensure we achieve our aims.

As you have mentioned in your review you may consider the Harding again in the future when visiting Dublin, and should you wish to email me directly at the Harding Hotel on info@hardinghotel.ie I will endeavor to ensure we accommodate you with better standards to try and improve your rating and impression of the hotel.

Esses, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed there in January with three other girls for a Birthday. We had an amazing time. Staff were very friendly and helpful at all hours. Nangirl particularly loved it.

Room Tip: We had a view of the Cathedral. Windy, but heavy curtains block it out.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank E H
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear E H,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I'm so glad to hear that you and your friends had a good time in Dublin and especially in the Harding.
I was especially glad to hear that you found the staff to be helpful and the location to be very convenient for all your needs.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel soon and that you enjoy Dublin again.

Lago Patria, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Whether your goal is hitting the Temple Bar area, touring a distillery and brewery or taking the literary pub tour, the Harding Hotel is located perfectly for all of them and more. The room was clean and well maintained, the staff was very professional and courteous and the hotel's lounge, Darkey Kelly's, was a nice little pub with many different beers on tap.
Having Christ's Church Cathedral directly across the street made it easy to navigate back to the room using the little tourist maps you find for free in advertisements.
I spent three nights there in Feb and thought the fee charged was a bargain. If I ever travel to Dublin again, I'm going to try to get another room at Harding Hotel. I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BLSteiner
Dear BLSteiner,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.
All feedback is greatly appreciated in order for us to improve on and ensure we maintain our standards.

I was truly delighted to hear that you found the hotel's location to be so convenient for exploring Dublin city centre and visiting all the city centre shopping, cultural and social attractions so easily.
Christchurch Cathedral is a great landmark as you suggest as well as a wonderful tourist attraction and offers great charm to the Old City area which we are very fortunate to be located in.

It was great to hear that found the hotel's quality standards, staff and facilities to be in line with your expectations and that overall you found the Harding Hotel to be good value for money.
The Harding Hotel is very passionate and committed to providing the best levels of service and care we can to our guests while still offering competitive and good value rates.
Feedback like yours helps keep the Harding staff motivated towards our goals by letting them know their efforts are appreciated.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel in the near future, where I hope we may be able to even exceed your recent experience with us and help you find some more of Dublin's gems!!

Regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here with a sixth form party last week and can only compliment the hotel's facilities and staff who were excellent. I book this hotel every year as the value for money is excellent, the location is perfect (easy access to north or south side attractions) and the staff are very helpful; they help you in any way that they can. The hotel is easy to locate and is a great base to explore Dublin. I will use this hotel next year and would recommend it to anyone planning to visit Dublin.

Room Tip: All rooms were clean and relatively spacious. We all slept well.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 777Carroll
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear 777Carroll,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience of the Harding Hotel after your recent visit to Dublin - it is always beneficial to receive customer feedback on the hotel's facilities, services and standards.

I am delighted to hear that you found everything to be in order and enjoyed the hotel's location and found the staff to be helpful and all rooms to be of the standards expected in terms of quality, comfort and value for money.

I would hope to be able to welcome you and your party back again to the Harding Hotel in the very near future, and it is always refreshing and rewarding to have such loyal repeat business stay with us.

Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

The location of the Harding hotel is ideal only a few blocks from the Temple Bar neighborhood and within walking distance to many other attractions as well. We walked to St James Gate from the hotel (Guinness). There is also a really good bar across the street and Leo Burdock's fish and chips is right around the corner... The accommodations are basic and far from fancy but the price is reasonable and the location is favorable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wintervillega
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear wintervillega,

Thank you for the review that you posted after your stay with the Harding Hotel in 2011 - we appreciate all forms of feedback as it helps us to improve our standards and service even further.

The Harding Hotel as you say is in a wonderful location within a 15 minute walk from the majority of the main tourist attractions, the shopping areas and all other places of interest in the city centre.
We are also well serviced by all the forms of public transport in the city centre including the Airlink 747 bus service to get you to/from the airport and around the city.

I'm glad that you found the service and facilities to your standard and that you felt the hotel was good value for money, in order to give us a favorable recommendation.
I hope that we may be able to accommodate you in the near future should you return to Dublin again.