“Great Staff. Great Location. Very Big Rooms.”
Review of Harding Hotel

Harding Hotel
Ranked #29 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Esses, UK
“Great Staff. Great Location. Very Big Rooms.”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed there in January with three other girls for a Birthday. We had an amazing time. Staff were very friendly and helpful at all hours. Nangirl particularly loved it.

Room Tip: We had a view of the Cathedral. Windy, but heavy curtains block it out.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank E H
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear E H,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I'm so glad to hear that you and your friends had a good time in Dublin and especially in the Harding.
I was especially glad to hear that you found the staff to be helpful and the location to be very convenient for all your needs.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel soon and that you enjoy Dublin again.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lago Patria, Italy
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Whether your goal is hitting the Temple Bar area, touring a distillery and brewery or taking the literary pub tour, the Harding Hotel is located perfectly for all of them and more. The room was clean and well maintained, the staff was very professional and courteous and the hotel's lounge, Darkey Kelly's, was a nice little pub with many different beers on tap.
Having Christ's Church Cathedral directly across the street made it easy to navigate back to the room using the little tourist maps you find for free in advertisements.
I spent three nights there in Feb and thought the fee charged was a bargain. If I ever travel to Dublin again, I'm going to try to get another room at Harding Hotel. I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BLSteiner
Dear BLSteiner,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.
All feedback is greatly appreciated in order for us to improve on and ensure we maintain our standards.

I was truly delighted to hear that you found the hotel's location to be so convenient for exploring Dublin city centre and visiting all the city centre shopping, cultural and social attractions so easily.
Christchurch Cathedral is a great landmark as you suggest as well as a wonderful tourist attraction and offers great charm to the Old City area which we are very fortunate to be located in.

It was great to hear that found the hotel's quality standards, staff and facilities to be in line with your expectations and that overall you found the Harding Hotel to be good value for money.
The Harding Hotel is very passionate and committed to providing the best levels of service and care we can to our guests while still offering competitive and good value rates.
Feedback like yours helps keep the Harding staff motivated towards our goals by letting them know their efforts are appreciated.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Harding Hotel in the near future, where I hope we may be able to even exceed your recent experience with us and help you find some more of Dublin's gems!!

Regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here with a sixth form party last week and can only compliment the hotel's facilities and staff who were excellent. I book this hotel every year as the value for money is excellent, the location is perfect (easy access to north or south side attractions) and the staff are very helpful; they help you in any way that they can. The hotel is easy to locate and is a great base to explore Dublin. I will use this hotel next year and would recommend it to anyone planning to visit Dublin.

Room Tip: All rooms were clean and relatively spacious. We all slept well.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 777Carroll
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear 777Carroll,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience of the Harding Hotel after your recent visit to Dublin - it is always beneficial to receive customer feedback on the hotel's facilities, services and standards.

I am delighted to hear that you found everything to be in order and enjoyed the hotel's location and found the staff to be helpful and all rooms to be of the standards expected in terms of quality, comfort and value for money.

I would hope to be able to welcome you and your party back again to the Harding Hotel in the very near future, and it is always refreshing and rewarding to have such loyal repeat business stay with us.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The location of the Harding hotel is ideal only a few blocks from the Temple Bar neighborhood and within walking distance to many other attractions as well. We walked to St James Gate from the hotel (Guinness). There is also a really good bar across the street and Leo Burdock's fish and chips is right around the corner... The accommodations are basic and far from fancy but the price is reasonable and the location is favorable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wintervillega
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear wintervillega,

Thank you for the review that you posted after your stay with the Harding Hotel in 2011 - we appreciate all forms of feedback as it helps us to improve our standards and service even further.

The Harding Hotel as you say is in a wonderful location within a 15 minute walk from the majority of the main tourist attractions, the shopping areas and all other places of interest in the city centre.
We are also well serviced by all the forms of public transport in the city centre including the Airlink 747 bus service to get you to/from the airport and around the city.

I'm glad that you found the service and facilities to your standard and that you felt the hotel was good value for money, in order to give us a favorable recommendation.
I hope that we may be able to accommodate you in the near future should you return to Dublin again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Having never been to Dublin and knowing nothing about the City, I deferred to my trusty Rick Steve's guide and landed at the Harding Hotel. The airport shuttle dropped my pretty much at the front door and when I arrived, my room wasn't ready but the hotel was kind enough to lock my bags away, get me fed and send me on my way. The weather in Dublin was horrible for my three day stay and I'm reluctant to use those hop on hop off tourist buses but there was no choice with the pelting rain (and I'm from Vancouver and love the rain). Fortunately the tourist bus dropped off and picked up right in front of the hotel. The hotel is a block from a walk along the river and is far enough along Temple Bar that you don't get caught up in the noise and commotion of the area. The worst I can complain about is the hourly chimes of the cathedral across the street. Yes the hotel is dated but it was clean and comfortable with a perfectly fine restaurant although I would recommend walking around the corner to the Queen of Tarts for a lovely breakfast or a cup of tea. My only real complaint - the pint sized TV no bigger than a computer screen inside a an extremely large double room. After a days sightseeing I don't mind crawling into bed and see what's on the local telly. It was like watching TV on your Ipod. Otherwise, I would happily return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank mccorca
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear mccorca,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your stay with us when visiting Dublin in 2011.

I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel's location to be very convenient to explore around Dublin, even through our normal terrible weather!, and also the ease of getting to/from the airport due to the revamped "Airlink 747" bus service.

I was also very happy to hear that you found the hotel's facilities and staff to be in keeping with your expectations of service, standard and value and that we may have met the level that guests who use the Rick Steve's guidebook would expect when they travel.

We will certainly take on board your review of the TV screen sizes and hopefully be able to implement some changes to this in the coming months.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we may be able to accommodate you should you decide to return to Dublin.

Derry, Ireland
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have just booked again to stay in the Harding Hotel. I previously stayed during the Take That concert weekend and found the accommodation to be of a good standard and certainly for the price charged. The hotel is very convenient to the Temple Bar area and all the bars and restaurants you could wish for. It is also close to many of Dublin's attractions and the main shopping area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MH-Derry
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear MH-Derry,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel after your stay with us in 2011 - I am extemely happy that you are staying with us again when visiting Dublin city in 2012.

I was delighted to hear that you felt the value and the standard of the Harding Hotel that you received in terms of it's facilities, the bedrooms, the staff and our location to all that you might want to see and do, all made the Harding Hotel your automatic choice when looking for accommodation in Dublin.

We will be hoping to look after you as well as before and hope to see you soon. The Harding Hotel staff all take pride and passion in what they do and I know it is always appreciated when they can hear back that their efforts are welcomed.

Manchester
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed for 2 days between Christmas and New Year. In summary, this hotel is well located and offers adequate accommodation for the price paid, although I would not stay here again due to various issues highlighted below:

Pro's
Decent location - close to Temple Bar area, close to transport links etc
Reasonable price for B&B
Some rooms were spacious
Friendly, helpful reception staff, easy check in

Con's
Room for one was very small and faced entrance to next door's hostel kitchen
No individual control over room temperature - room was so hot I didn't sleep much at all
Room facilities OK (tea/coffee), but basic bathroom and rooms in dire need of updating (furniture, radiator falling off wall, curtains broken, windows mucky, old carpets etc)
Breakfast was not as good quality as I've had elsewhere (although service was good)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank argerich1
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear argerich1,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of the Harding hotel after your recent stay while visiting Dublin.

I was disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the hotel as much as you, and indeed all the staff here at Harding Hotel, would have hoped you would.

All room radiators have a simple twist control to control the heat flow - should this have been faulty we would have been happy to repair and resolve the issue and even provide fans if necessary.

I'm sorry that you felt the room decor and facilities were not to standard and we will certainly investigate and replace anything broken, damaged or worn. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Thankfully I was glad to see that you found the hotel's location and staff to be in keeping with your expectations and that you were able to avail of the easy transport links to and from the airport while enjoying the fact that we are only a few minutes walk from the majority of tourist attractions in the city centre.

Should you wish to contact me directly on info@hardinghotel.ie to discuss any matters further or to see if we can hopefully arrange a better stay for you to convert your opinion of the Harding Hotel, please feel to email at your convenience.