“Great location in Dublin”

O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
Ranked #69 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I took my elderly mom to O'Callaghan's last week for our vacation. The location is ideal if you want to get away from the tourist area of Temple Bar. When we first arrived we were placed in a room where the a/c wasn't working properly. The front desk moved us to another room. Although both rooms were located on the street side, we both slept well and enjoyed our view of Merrion Square. The staff at the front desk were excellent and extremely helpful. I would definitely return to O'Callaghan's. PS Try the apple pie! It was fabulous!

Room Tip: Rooms on the odd side of the hotel don't face the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CathCaseZ
jfpDublin, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our apologies regarding the air condition but we do hope this has not affected your stay.
Your compliments will be passed onto our chef re the apple pie.
We hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pluses -
Certainly a very neat n clean hotel,
Located v close to the pearse station..
Temple bar/ trinity college/ city centre et al are all at a walking distance.
Parking is available at a cost which is reasonable

Minuses
They don't cover breakfast in the basic tariff, and is quite expensive to buy separately..
They must give free Internet excess after charging so much

The staff and polices of the hotel are quite extra ordinarily good, I called them the day of check-in at 6pm that I won't be to able to reach Dublin owing to some train miss, they quite comfortably moved my booking to a future date.. We were very with that gesture..

Reception staff was very helpful in providing any sort of information.. Loved it!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlust_SM

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback.
Unfortunately breakfast is not included in all rates, however we do hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Your lovely comments will be passed onto the staff concerned and we do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the end of our Ireland vacation.

Property was nice. Room was nice. Bathroom was nice. Everything was clean. This property is an older building that has been well maintained and has a quaint feel to it. Wi-Fi was an extra charge and had a strong signal.

Bed was very comfortable.

It is a pleasant walk to any restaurants if you don't want to eat in the hotel but it is near parliament and museums.

I would stay here again at the price I got it at. But not if it costs the rack rate!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
jfpDublin, Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments.
We are delighted that the hotel met with your needs and that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I spent my last two nights of my two week visit at this hotel which was just average. It was the first hotel of the trip that actually charged for Wi-Fi but as there were major issues with accessing the Internet, they waived the fee which I appreciated. Several of the men working at the front desk would sign me on but not explain HOW to get on. Finally a very helpful young woman gave me the complete access info and that solved the problem.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor looking out the back. I would not recommend that room--510.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and sorry to learn that you had issues with the wifi, however I do hope that you enjoyed your stay.
We would like to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived quite early in the morning from an international flight but were very pleasantly surprised to find that a room was available before our check-in time. The room itself was adequate but it did include a safe for our valuables which I appreciated. I had to ask about a hair dryer since it wasn't in the bathroom--it's kept in the dresser drawer! (I subsequently learned that was standard for just about everywhere else we stayed in Ireland.) The staff was VERY welcoming, friendly, and helpful. We walked to Trinity College, Grafton Street, Merrion Square, St. Stephen's Green, and definitely do not miss O'Donaghue's for music! The breakfast which is available for purchase has enough of a variety to satisfy meat lovers and vegetarians.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The location is excellent with just a short stroll to places of interests, shops and restaurants.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I arrived tired and went for dinner in the bar. Ordered burger and chips which was quite expensive. 8 chips came out on plate and when I asked for more, was told that is the portion if I wanted more I'd need to pay for them. The burger was beautiful and they then did take me out some more. I noticed when booking there was parking and free wi-fi, didnt say parking was at a charge and wi-fi was only 30mins. Wake up call on telly came on with no sound. 5 mins later the reception then called. (I had woken before alarm). Shower went hot and cold and couldnt get a nice temp. Breakfast was beautiful. €40 was taken out on my creditcard when checking in, just in case! Then when checking out I was told it would take 4-5days to go back into my account. Also questioned on why my meal wasnt on my bill do I not owe money. One of the reception staff just distroyed it for the rest, other staff were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Lynda R

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments as feedback is important to us and this is an exception as we pride ourselves on customer care. Sorry to learn of your negative comments and do hope it did not affect your stay too much.
We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stay regularly at this hotel when on business in Dublin. It is nothing fancy but it is extremely conveniently located, you are two minutes from Trinity College, five from Dawson Street and Grafton Street. The staff is really friendly and go out of their way to help you. Some people might find the rooms on the small side, but you don't go to Dublin to stay in your room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. We do pride ourselves on customer care and appreciate your lovely comments. Delighted that the location meets your needs and as you say we are only a short stroll away from a lot of places of interest. We do hope that we can continue to welcome you back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel.