O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
$205
$349
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$245
$190
Agoda.com
$218
$197
Travelocity
1,180 results
All reviewsmerrion squaretrinity collegeoscars bargreat locationoscar wildenational galleryginger mantemple barsister hotelwithin walking distancegrafton stcity centrehop on hop off busrooms are smallwould stay againwater pressuretwin room
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights over the weekend. Great location, nice old charm, good breakfast, very helpful and friendly staff. Place and room was very clean. They do need to invest some money in terms of some new carpets and painting.
All in all a very nice stay for our weekend :-)

1  Thank Smilero
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Smilero.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your lovely feedback, and i shall certainly pass this on to all the staff.
We have just refurbished our bedrooms, and our next project is to refurbish the corridors and public areas.

Once again, thank you for feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Location and price were fine, that's the good news. From the moment we walked in, it seemed we were a bother to the staff. The young woman at the front desk chuckled as the wheels on my bag caught on the carpet and nearly tipped over, overall poor attitudes at front desk. Hotel is old and stuffy, noisy lift seems in need of repair, toilet ran all night, coffee/tea service tray did not reach the nearest plug (had to move it). Breakfast not worth the price, go to coffee house on the corner, good food and free internet (another issue for the mont clare, 10 euro a night?!) House keeping staff was fine, the only pleasant folks in the hotel, beds were clean and comfortable, we were on the back side of building, no view but relatively quiet. This place is not on our list for a return trip.

Dear pgvanstone

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i was most disappointed to hear that you had issues throughout your stay.
I appreciate your feedback, and i shall certainly look into the issues you highlighted.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I previously stayed in this hotel with my partner, on arrival the receptionist did not say hello or smile. i had booked a double room and she said to me that the booking was not on her computer was i sure i booked it , making me feel stupid. she then gave me what she said was " the last room" and when we went up the room was twin , and i had booked a double. so i went back and she said there was nothing she could do, that she would send up a staff member to PUSH THE BEDS TOGETHER!!! i could not believe her , i told her it was the fact i paid for a certain room and that is what i wanted. she kept shaking her head so i asked for someone higher. when he came down as we spoke she started laughing as i spoke to him!! i asked for my money back and suddenly there was a free double room ALTHOUGH PREVIOUSLY WE GOT THE LAST ROOM??? ridiculous way to treat customers. as my girlfriend stated if it was a man and woman the issue would have been resolved alot quicker. as a gay couple we were embaresed by this woman it was horrible. she was blonde polish i think , and just a horrible person, who should not work in customer service, hated my stay and wasted money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Emily D.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i was most disappointed to read your comments in relation to your recent stay.

I can assure you that the customer service you received is completely abnormal, as we take great pride in the level of customer service that we provide to all our customers, however we are the first to admit to our shortcomings, and we clearly fell short on this occassion.

I can assure you this was an isolated incident, which i sincerely apologise for, and i would love for you to give us a second chance to prove this to you.
I would be more than happy to discuss further, should you wish to give me a call.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the end of a 12 day trip around the southern half of Ireland this past week. The hotel was clean and the entire staff was very friendly. Our room was a decent size ( not entirely sure why there are complaints of small rooms on here unless they were expecting to do acrobatics in their room during their visit). The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was quite pretty actually. Overall the room had old-world charm with new amenities -which happened to be perfect for our taste. We purchased wifi for our room and had no issues with it. The price of the room was very reasonable so tacking on 15 euros for 48 hours of wifi was not a big deal. We did not use the parking as we decided to turn in the rental car before our stay in Dublin. ( this was a very smart move!) Most everything is in walking distance, and if not just a short taxi or bus ride away. Vincent and Hakan were absolutely fantastic. They were extremely helpful with giving us directions and ideas of places to visit, and even printed out our boarding passes for our return flight home. As a previous manager in the entertainment industry, I can appreciate the importance of having great staff and like to point it out when I come across it. They were beyond accommodating and it was greatly appreciated. We would be glad to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Jessica S

Dear Jessica S.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay in Dublin and in our hotel.
I shall certainly pass on your lovely comments to Hakan and Vincent, and i hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last January with my partner. When we were checking in the receptionist asked me to confirm the booking was for a double, I said yes. She repeated the question. I felt highly insulted and awkward, given the fact I was there with my male partner and she assumed I wanted two single beds. Besides that the night porter was very nice, the UTC packets of milk for tea in our room was sour and he fetched some from the bar. I asked for a room on the highest floor which I regret, it was really small as due to the dormer roof, there didn't seem to be many rooms on the top (5th) floor due to machinery. Besides its flaws we got a great value deal for under €50 and location was excellent, just off Merrion Square.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms on the 5th floor, small due to dormer roof.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear SeamusK23

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and also for your feedback. The front office staff member certainly did not mean to insult you, as this is part of the check in process, to confirm the number of nights and the room type, and the front office staff member may not have heard correctly, and hense the reason she asked to confirm the room type again.

Please accept my apologies for any awkwardness you may have felt on check in, however i assure you that this was not the intention of the front office staff member to insult or make you fell awkward in any way.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare hotel in the future.