Our first day/night in Dublin was started after a hectic drive from the airport (first time driving in Ireland on the opposite side of the road we're used to in the US). We arrived mid-morning exhausted from our flight to be greeted by Simona. She was amazing. We checked in then needed to find the parking which like most of Ireland's cities is not adjacent to the hotel. She drew it out with step by step instructions and the directions and process to park was exactly as she described in the greatest of detail. When we arrived back at the lobby, she already had our bags in our room and gave us directions on the best route to walk to Grafton Street and the Trinity College area. She also wisely advised us that no matter how sleepy we were we needed to stay awake through the day or we'll not get used to the time difference for days. The room was very, very small but so nice and well appointed. The bed was just perfect. The window opened to make it even more comfortable. The bathroom was small too but again, very nice. Everything was spotlessly clean and new. The next morning we decided to eat breakfast in the hotel before heading out to our next destination. Bernie and another gentleman (sorry I didn't get his name) were our servers even though it was a buffet. Bernie gave us so many tips and insider information that helped us our entire 10 day trip. She explained what the black and white pudding was and talked us into trying it even though we were extremely hesitant. Neither of us are big fans of what we thought the full Irish breakfast would be but thanks to Bernie we tried it and were hooked immediately. The "pudding" and sausages are not anything we've ever experienced before. The sausage is almost like a pate, so smooth and yummy. The gentleman that helped us found us change for our large bill Euros because we needed it for the tolls to Cork. We just cannot say enough about how wonderfully we were treated in this hotel. You can probably find someplace more elegant or posh but the personal attention they gave us was priceless. We found Dublin to be very confusing to drive in and Simona gave us very good directions to get us to the motorway we needed to go to Cork. She then had our bags at the curb when we returned with the car and sent us on our way. Bernie was there to say goodbye too. It almost felt like we were saying goodbye to family. I hope the owner/manager of this hotel realizes what great employees they have in these people. I've traveled extensively and this was one of the best experiences ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The O'Callaghan Mont Clare is the perfect place for a Dublin retreat or adventure. Relax in Oscar's Bar, enjoy a sumptuous meal in Goldsmith's Restaurant and experience all the wonders the city centre has to offer. The classically decorated, traditional 3 Star Hotel Dublin is truly a home from home, full of character and charm. A former favourite of James Joyce, the O'Callaghan Mont Clare 3 star hotel Merrion Square is situated in an idyllic location, nestled away in a peaceful Georgian Merrion Square, moments away from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests can experience Ireland's historical and cultural hub. A warm Irish welcome awaits every guest at the O'Callaghan 3 star Mont Clare Hotel. Our welcoming staff pride themselves on their knowledge of the capital's attractions, so whether you're looking for a city tour, the scenic route to Trinity College, or Dublin's best shopping district, they'll be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
- Mont Clare Dublin
- Mont Clare Hotel Dublin
- o Callaghan Mont Clare Dublin