New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
Ranked #55 of 149 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frankfurt, Germany
“Happy days at Merrion Square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed at Mont Clare for 5 days and didn't wanna leave!!! Kris, the very friendly and helpful receptionist let me choose my favorite room with a very nice view over the city. The room was very cozy and clean. The maids did a great job. The breakfast buffet offered a great variety,everything from cake to fruits. The staff although gave me great recommodations regarding restaurants and museums.
The hotel is situated in a quiet area next to historical landmarks. And only 5-10 minutes by foot to the hustle and bustle of lovely Dublin City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and in Dublin.

I shall pass on on kind words to Kris, and to all the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards.

Dara McEneaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Finnish first
Pewsey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Arrived very early and was glad to be assigned a room. When I entered the room the sun was bursting through the dusty windows. I looked at the radiators and there was a thick layer of dust. I went down to reception and reported it. I said I needed another room and would return later. I returned in the dark of night and was allocated another room, unable to see too well in the dimly lit room I could not check for dust. The lift was broken and I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. I had a good nights sleep. There were 3 tea bags (English breakfast tea only). Over all I was very disappointed in this hotel and would avoid it next time.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i was most disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Our housekeeping standards, are always very high, and this had been commented on, on numerous occasions, however we are the first to admit to our shortcomings, and we clearly fell short on this occasion.

Please accept my sincere apologies, and i do hope that you will give us a second chance, and that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards.

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went with friend to Optilase Dublin, we were put up in the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel Dublin, I was sceptic about it, but it was a very good hotel, only down side as my friend didn't want to venture out after he's op for some food the hotel restaurant was not open,(too early in the year) they did how ever say we could get room service or go to there sister hotel opposite there hotel.
It was few mins walk from stephens green and stephens green shopping centre which was very convient for me. I would highly recommend this hotel also the room was very well suited to my friend with the low lighting in the room it didn't hurt he's eyes. Car parking very handy and very good value and only few mins walk away. Very secure also.

Room Tip: Ask for back of hotel we found it very quite. front could be quite also but we found back very peace...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i hope your friend is feeling much better.

I was delighted to hear your feedback, and i shall pass on your lovely comments to all the staff.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and hopefully your friend can get to enjoy the experience upon your next visit.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had stayed at the Mont Clare several years ago and needed to be in the Merrion Square vicinity early in the morning so booked. The off site car park is handy and good value (Eur10). My room was good value and I lay down to relax prior to going out - but the TV volume didnt work. I went down to reception and I was upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor - very pleasant staff. However, in the suite the TV was so far away from the bed you needed binoculars to see it! There was a lot of traffic noise and a pedestrian crossing that kept beeping all night. Also the hotel is beginning to look a bit tired and needs smartening up - but at the prices they are charging times are tough. The Mont CLare is good value - but bring ear plugs if you want to sleep!

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your feedback.
The hotel bedrooms are undergoing a soft refurbishment at the moment, which we hope to have completed at the end of February, so this will enhance the appearance of the hotel.

We shall certainly take your comments on board in relation to the positioning of the tv in relation to the bed, and i thank you for your constructive feedback.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel.

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had to write a review as was really impressed with staff, they were friendly welcoming and this morning when I explained I hadn't slept well due to a noisy radiator she offered us a free breakfast which was a nice gesture as other hotels would have fobbed me off with a sorry but have your money now good luck.I don't know what the girls name was but she was on reception this morning and she was so nice I would stay here again thanks again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and please accept my sincere apologies for the issue you had during your stay.

I am delighted to hear that my staff compensated you for your inconvenience, as our priority at all times is the customer.
I shall pass on your kind words to Nicola, who was the lady that looked after you, and i do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for one night and asked for room at the back to avoid street noise. Had a quiet nights sleep in superking size bed. Small room but had all the basics. Room decor a bit tired, needs retouching. Lovely reception area, check-in fast and friendly. Did not use the bar or avail of the breakfast. Got a great online deal so overall, great for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The hotel is currently undergoing a soft refurbishment in the bedrooms, and we hope to have this completed by the end of February.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and you can give us your feedback on the rooms.

Sligo, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been twice in the space of a month simply because the price was great, the location terrific and the hotel comfortable.
It is in need of renovation but the rooms and the bathrooms are larger than most modern hotels.
The main factor for my choice, however, was the price and the location.
Breakfast is pleasant but average.

Room Tip: look for a room overlooking Merrion Square
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

We are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment in the bedrooms at present, and we hope to have this completed by the end of February.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.