“Dusty”

O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel
Ranked #68 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Arrived very early and was glad to be assigned a room. When I entered the room the sun was bursting through the dusty windows. I looked at the radiators and there was a thick layer of dust. I went down to reception and reported it. I said I needed another room and would return later. I returned in the dark of night and was allocated another room, unable to see too well in the dimly lit room I could not check for dust. The lift was broken and I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. I had a good nights sleep. There were 3 tea bags (English breakfast tea only). Over all I was very disappointed in this hotel and would avoid it next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i was most disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us.

Our housekeeping standards, are always very high, and this had been commented on, on numerous occasions, however we are the first to admit to our shortcomings, and we clearly fell short on this occasion.

Please accept my sincere apologies, and i do hope that you will give us a second chance, and that we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Went with friend to Optilase Dublin, we were put up in the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel Dublin, I was sceptic about it, but it was a very good hotel, only down side as my friend didn't want to venture out after he's op for some food the hotel restaurant was not open,(too early in the year) they did how ever say we could get room service or go to there sister hotel opposite there hotel.
It was few mins walk from stephens green and stephens green shopping centre which was very convient for me. I would highly recommend this hotel also the room was very well suited to my friend with the low lighting in the room it didn't hurt he's eyes. Car parking very handy and very good value and only few mins walk away. Very secure also.

Room Tip: Ask for back of hotel we found it very quite. front could be quite also but we found back very peace...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i hope your friend is feeling much better.

I was delighted to hear your feedback, and i shall pass on your lovely comments to all the staff.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and hopefully your friend can get to enjoy the experience upon your next visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had stayed at the Mont Clare several years ago and needed to be in the Merrion Square vicinity early in the morning so booked. The off site car park is handy and good value (Eur10). My room was good value and I lay down to relax prior to going out - but the TV volume didnt work. I went down to reception and I was upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor - very pleasant staff. However, in the suite the TV was so far away from the bed you needed binoculars to see it! There was a lot of traffic noise and a pedestrian crossing that kept beeping all night. Also the hotel is beginning to look a bit tired and needs smartening up - but at the prices they are charging times are tough. The Mont CLare is good value - but bring ear plugs if you want to sleep!

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and for your feedback.
The hotel bedrooms are undergoing a soft refurbishment at the moment, which we hope to have completed at the end of February, so this will enhance the appearance of the hotel.

We shall certainly take your comments on board in relation to the positioning of the tv in relation to the bed, and i thank you for your constructive feedback.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to the O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had to write a review as was really impressed with staff, they were friendly welcoming and this morning when I explained I hadn't slept well due to a noisy radiator she offered us a free breakfast which was a nice gesture as other hotels would have fobbed me off with a sorry but have your money now good luck.I don't know what the girls name was but she was on reception this morning and she was so nice I would stay here again thanks again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and please accept my sincere apologies for the issue you had during your stay.

I am delighted to hear that my staff compensated you for your inconvenience, as our priority at all times is the customer.
I shall pass on your kind words to Nicola, who was the lady that looked after you, and i do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for one night and asked for room at the back to avoid street noise. Had a quiet nights sleep in superking size bed. Small room but had all the basics. Room decor a bit tired, needs retouching. Lovely reception area, check-in fast and friendly. Did not use the bar or avail of the breakfast. Got a great online deal so overall, great for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and i am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The hotel is currently undergoing a soft refurbishment in the bedrooms, and we hope to have this completed by the end of February.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and you can give us your feedback on the rooms.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been twice in the space of a month simply because the price was great, the location terrific and the hotel comfortable.
It is in need of renovation but the rooms and the bathrooms are larger than most modern hotels.
The main factor for my choice, however, was the price and the location.
Breakfast is pleasant but average.

Room Tip: look for a room overlooking Merrion Square
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest.

We are currently undergoing a soft refurbishment in the bedrooms at present, and we hope to have this completed by the end of February.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Mont Clare is a great option for travellers who are on a bit of a budget but are use to the comforts of more North American style hotels. The service is wonderful and the rooms albeit dated are spacious and well maintained. It is located inside the Dublin City Centre but on a quieter street which is a great combination. Drawbacks included some difficulty in getting a comfortable shower temperature (it worked but took it's time) and that there are stairs to get into the building (an issue if you need accessible accommodations). Brilliant otherwise for a great price for a hotel in the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Dara M, General Manager at O'Callaghan Mont Clare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and i am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us once again.
Thank you for your constructive feedback, and we are currently in the process of a soft refurbishment of the guest bedrooms, to include the showers, so the issues you have addressed will be rectified.

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, so that you can see the work we have done, and i welcome your comments and feedback.