“Delicious ”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: In The Powerscourt Centre
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The Pepper Pot is one of my favourite places to eat lunch in Dublin. The staff are friendly, the food is always really fresh and tasty and the hot chocolate is some of the best in Dublin.

Try their sausage sandwich, creamy scrambled eggs with bacon or, if you aren't feeling too hungry, then their homemade brown bread and jam is heavenly!!

You should try this place at least once and I guarantee you will want to come back. The balcony in Powerscourt is also a great spot to people watch!

1  Thank LollLee

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I absolutely loved the salmon bagel, you really can tell that everything is homemade and fresh. Friendly service.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I wouldn't necessarily be casually doing my shopping in the expensive boutiques of the Powerscourt Centre, but I always make a detour for this lovely wee spot. Great people watching opportunities! The menu offers a wide variety to choose from, but not an excessive amount of options that takes you forever to decide! It all fits neatly on the menu card, and the tarts/soups/drink change daily, so ask for the specials from your server. Try the creamy scrambled eggs, they're very filling, and are served on hot, buttery toast, mmmm! The menu prides itself on local and seasonal produce, and that really becomes apparent when you read it, but not in a snobbish, faddy way. The genuine passion is reflected in the food, and it always has been consistently good when I've visited, be it a mid-week lunch, or weekend brunch. The food is served on a quirky selection of vintage crockery, picked up from vintage shops and markets. The style of the decor is fun and spontaneous, it doesn't feel like carefully studied twee - despite the amount of florals and polkadots! It is a real pleasure to eat here.

They are now doing evening supper clubs, so keep an eye on their facebook page. Importantly - there is always something for vegetarians and vegans to choose from. Finally, before I end my love letter to this gorgeous place - I can't recommend the German hot chocolate enough! A real treat and pick me up on a rainy afternoon, very decadent and delicious.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Went here for brunch one Saturday and had the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon which I thoroughly enjoyed. Had a piece of chocolate cake which I thought was a little dry. The service was very friendly.

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Went there recently with my finance. I got their signature pear and bacon sandwich and an elder flower cordial. I felt so hip! Seriously though the sandwich was fantastic. You can see why it was nominated for best sandwich in Dublin. She had a smoked salmon bagel which was also very nice. The place is lovely, the view is great and I will definitely return