“So nice, we ate here twice!”
Review of The Sussex

The Sussex
Ranked #29 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Recommended by our B&B, our large group was accommodated and welcomed! The staff is friendly, the location is above a very fun looking(packed) pub! Go early (before 7, they have an early bird menu) We had five kids with us, and there is something for everyone on the menu, the teens had the Sussex burger and said it was the best they had ever had! I had the fish special both nights, both superb! I would call for reservations, or go early, it's very popular, and not a large venue, but definitely go!

1  Thank Coltsfamily

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Recently ate here in a large group. It was business related and I found the service to be excellent. This was echoed by the food - everyone appeared to enjoy their meal. My own was prawn starter, rib eye for main and a delicious lemon fool for desert. Starter - you must like garlic as there is plenty - I enjoyed it. Rib eye was good and cooked to order - under seasoned but I'm a bit ott there, bernaise sauce was the only let down really. Desert was excellent, fresh rosemary was a nice surprise. All together a nice evening and an excellent restaurant. One I'll be happy to return to.

1  Thank all_I_want4xmas
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Was staying at the Burlington but decided to venture into The Sussex after the rugby and see what it was like.

It was packed, was great fun, and the Guinness was great. Nothing more to be said

1  Thank Watties2013
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I come to the Sussex every time I'm home visiting Dublin. It should not be missed!! The food is exceptional... Delicious and always of the best quality. I highly recommend the burger and the shepherds pie! The desserts are really tasty and they have an amazing chowder that comes with the yummiest brown bread! The staff are really friendly and the space is relaxing and warm. I can't wait to go back this summer! Enjoy.. It is a fabulous Dublin spot.

1  Thank brackenclaire
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat lunch, saw the sign outside and entered O'Brien's pub - a typical claustrophobic Dublin bar. We were about to leave quickly when the barman said, "If you're looking for the food specials then they're served upstairs." Upstairs was a different world from downstairs - bright, airy and much more yuppified. We had the curried parsnip soup as a starter, followed by salads. My wife had the Caesar Salad and I had the Goat's Cheese Salad. Excellent food!

1  Thank therealnickpark