“Discovered via Trip Advisor - excellent!”
Review of The Sussex

The Sussex
Ranked #23 of 2,618 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
South East England, United Kingdom
“Discovered via Trip Advisor - excellent!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Looking for somewhere new, I came to the Trip Advisor web site and found 'The Sussex".
It's one mile from where I live and I'd not been here - till now. Great ambiance, excellent food and service and now another for the 'good places to go' list. I had the 'smokies' to start and the shepherds pie for main. Very very good. Unassuming exterior but a lovely interior - though limited seating.

• Polish first
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Three fantastic dishes and two glasses of wine incl. also coffee for around 40€! Very nice atmosphere and professional service. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“A great spot for lunch”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having read the rave reviews on TA we decided to have lunch here today. It felt like a sin to be going indoors on such a rare sunny Wednesday but the Sussex is so bright and airy that it's the next best thing to being outdoors. We were welcomed and shown to our reserved table, I'd booked yesterday as I thought it would be busy due to the reviews it has been enjoying. It was busy. I chose the fish of the day; hake with mussels, tomato, baby potatoes and asparagus and my boyfriend had the Sussex burger. Both were very tasty. The mussels were beautiful and the hake was perfectly cooked, as was the burger; really juicy and served with a yummy salsa and cheese. The chips were nice but I prefer chunky chips (these were the skinny type). The staff were friendly and ensured that our water was topped up. I fully intend to return to sample the dinner menu, and will no doubt lunch there again soon.

Valley Mills, Texas
“Jewel across the canal”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Staying near Lower Leeson I wanted a casual restaurant with great food and thanks to #31's recommendation I found it. Out of our 4 nights in Dublin we ate dinner here 3 times, to me, that says something. Not wanting to walk forever we found a delightful and wonderful place for fine Irish food in this restaurant. Décor was great, music was just as good as was entire dining experience. Our party tried the Shepherds Pie, Rib Eye Steak, Fish n Chips, Salad with goat cheese and pecans, Chocolate Dessert and Lemon Pouisset (sp?) with Rosemary infusion as my personal favorite dessert. We found nothing wanting. Just so you know I save Excellent
ratings for my fine dining experiences but for that I would have rated it Excellent for casual and great food.

DK
“Little Gem in a Diamond of a city!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Food was great and for central Dublin was really good value, Tasty, ,decent portions ,would recommend a visit!!

• Visited June 2013