“lovely food and service”

Diwali Indian & Nepalese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Diwali Indian & Nepalese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #297 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

i really enjoyed my meal here. the meat platter starter was simply excellent. waiters were friendly and food was to a high quality. i would def return

Reviewed November 5, 2012

While in Dublin recently for eight nights after several months in Italy and France, I was anxious to savor some different types of food. As usual, first I checked TripAdvisor and noted that this restaurant had excellent reviews. It was a 20 minute walk from my Hotel Castle and is located close to the river; I was motivated to try it. It was my 74th birthday and I was all alone in a strange city. The place is clean and the service is excellent. Since I'm not shy, I soon met the owner who is from Nepal and his younger brother. The waiters are Indian and Nepalese and very attentive. After mentioning that it was my birthday, I was quite surprised to receive a small ice cream cake with a lit candle at the end of my quite reasonable and delicious meal. Everyone in the restaurant sang Happy Birthday to me and made my day very special. Later, the owner invited me to a charitable event the following Sunday at the restaurant to help poor children in Nepal. I attended, met a few locals helping out, had a free lunch, and donated to the cause. I had a wonderful time. Later the owner told me he had raised over 5000 Euros to send back to Nepal. Before I left Dublin I went back for lunch the day before my flight home to say goodbye to everyone. Attached pix is my first course of delicious tender chicken I ate that day. This place comes highly recommended by local food critics and I strongly agree. If you enjoy ethnic food you should try it if you're ever in Dublin.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a great experience on Nepalese and Indian food in Dublin city centre. Food was very good for cold weather. Staff Suvam he recommend those item from menu, he was very attentive and he look after us very well. All of them were very friendly. We had chicken ledobedo, lamb dhaulagiri, seafood sizzler with egg fried rice and Naan bread. We received complementary starter too, and also complementary drinks at the end. Really impressed. Aquarium was another attraction in the restaurant. One time is not enough. I will go again..................

Reviewed October 28, 2012

On arrival at the restaurant, the waiter tried to seat us on the same table, with a couple with very young children, we declined and sat at the end of a table that was free.
We watched other people were shown to better tables and given complementary pompadoms etc, when our starter arrived it was wrong.
A gentleman who was sat on another table was then asked to move during his meal, to make way for a party of six with no booking, very strange!
The bill came we paid and left in disgust, you can serve the best food going, but if the atmosphere is bad whats the point!!

1  Thank ianhatesidiots
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our 3rd visit to this marvellous restaurant. Food is always exceptional and the staff are so polite and eager to please. We have never eaten Asian food with such well balanced flavours. When we last visited in May I think it was ranked about No85 out of all the Dublin restaurants and it is no surprise to see it in the 40's now. An absolute must if you are in Dublin but make sure you are hungry as the portions are generous.