“Tapas in Cabinteely village”

Las Tapas Cabinteely
Ranked #638 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open seven days a week for dinner and Friday to Sunday for lunch. We have put together an exciting tapas and paella range to let you experience a little piece of the Mediterranean. We offer a variety of dishes and our paella is made to order, the perfect dish with a great bottle of Spanish Wine, home made Sangria or chilled bottle of beer!
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A small place in Cabinteely. I find the tables too small for the number of dishes offered for tapas. The food I would describe as average. Not somewhere I would rush back too.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great food, nicely priced. Amazing meatballs. friendly and helpful staff. A real family feel to the place. Been several times, great place for family events, quick bite or main meal with a group of friends.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Even though Las Tapas has been open for quite some time, is not far from my home and I like Spanish food, I only visited it recently, on the recommendation of two Chilean friends.
We were there mid-week, on a cold night of the coldest March on record yet it was half full, so they must be doing something right!
While the custom of "tapteando" consists essentially of trying a series of tapas in a series of different establishments, the Irish climate dictates that one settles in one place and tries a variety "in situ". As far as I can remember, we shared ten different tapas of which the quality of the Chorizo al Vino, the Estofado Vasco and the Pisto Manchego sticks in my memory and would have done justice to any bar in Spain. Prices at between €3 and €7 per portion, with wine at between €19 and €31 a bottle, are extremely reasonable by Irish standards and mean that one can dine satisfactorily for as little as €25 a head in what remains one of Europe's most expensive cities. In addition to tapas, they also do three types of Paellas and offer a variety of deserts. Although we didn't ask for a "racion" of anything which particularly took our fancy, I imagine that one could be provided for anyone wanting one or two substantial courses rather than a series of nibbles.
The atmosphere was pleasant and whilst other reviewers have complained about poor service, ours was impeccable although things might be different on a busy night.
I enjoyed my first visit and will certainly be back!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been to Las Tapas twice. My first visit I thought the food was ok but was hoping for better. After a second visit a few months later I was significantly more impressed and now convinced that the the group I was with the first time just did not order very well.

I think when easting tapas you should focus more on the fish, meat, chicken, etc.. dishes while having less of the potato, rice and salad dishes.

I thought the blood sausage dish, calamari, chorizo, lamb, shrimp/garlic dishes was all excellent. We also had the potato bravas, Spanish omelette, mushrooms, one of the salads and of course some manchego and serrano ham.

Do not be put off if they want to sit you upstairs and I think is nice and more cosy up there. Staff are great, really friendly, attentive and helpful.

Will revisit when back in Dubiln again. Lovely spot and lovely food. Great value too.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have eaten here on many occasions for romantic meals, lunch with friends and for family gatherings and have never been disappointed. The staff are very friendly and the food is excellent. There is a great choice on the menu. My favourite being the pollo con salsa. Will definitely go back again.