“Would Not Rush Back”

Las Tapas Cabinteely
Ranked #635 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open seven days a week for dinner and Friday to Sunday for lunch. We have put together an exciting tapas and paella range to let you experience a little piece of the Mediterranean. We offer a variety of dishes and our paella is made to order, the perfect dish with a great bottle of Spanish Wine, home made Sangria or chilled bottle of beer!
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Just my wife and I went to Las Tapas on Friday last. Tapas really suit us both as we are relatively small eaters but do enjoy a night out and a few glasses of wine. The tables were a bit small and you are sitting very close to other diners but this I find quite normal in Tapas Bars. We had Pan de Barra – Melon & Serrano both of which were excellent. The Calamares Andaluza lacked any bite or flavour as did the Chicken Wings (Both of these I make better myself) and the Gambas Gabardina were tasty but not memorable. I really could not say that if we went again and selected different dishes my attitude would be different. The service was excellent and the wine was well priced. Broadly speaking had a good experience but would not be rushing back. I have eaten in better Tapas Bars.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Read some of the other reviews which on my own dining experience seemed difficult to comprehend. Granted it was a quiet lunch time but the young lady serving us could not have been more friendly or helpful. Bottle of water delivered as we sat down and looked at menu. We ordered two tapas platters which duly arrived well presented and looking appetising. The food was good very tasty with very fresh bread to mop up the saucy bits. All in all a very pleasant lunch and I would certainly return to try this restaurant again maybe for dinner next time.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went for lunch today with 5 of my colleagues. We found "las tapas" to be great on all accounts. The food platters were delicious and the service very attentive. I will definitely be back again next time for dinner as the evening menu looks devine and its good value for money especially in these challenging times.

1  Thank antonio186605
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Visited here with friends. Poor service to start with; had to almost wave at waiting staff in order to organise a basic jug of water, never mind anything else.

The food was slow arriving and was of poor quality. Orders were forgotten about and when they did arrive, were undercooked.

Waiting staff were of poor calibre. The attitude of the manager was utterly appalling; customer service doesn't seem to mean anything to him.

I will never darken the door of the premises until the restaurant closes, and a new venture emerges, run by people who might appreciate customers in these difficult financial times.

3  Thank BarneyGrub
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Went to try, ordered food, they forgot to hand in our order, they corked the wine infront of us, food was below average. Avoid & go to Dundrum for real tapas in the port house!

2  Thank Bradydylan