“Lovely Food”

Kinara Kitchen
Ranked #347 of 2,772 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kinara Kitchen opened its doors during October 2010 and is the sister restaurant of Kinara in Clontarf and Kajjal in Malahide.Kinara - translates to At the water's edge in Urdu. Our aim is to provide a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy Pakistani food using the highest quality of ingredients, which we hope you will keep coming back for more. Please drop in to our speakeasy style Upstairs Bar and Roof Terrace under the watch eye of Paul lambert.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have never tried Pakistani food before so wasn't too sure what to expect. I do not like very spicy food so I was a bit sceptical but I agreed to give it a try as we were with friends. The food was lovely. There was a good selection of dishes to choose from. The wine was also vey nice. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went here yesterday for a birthday dinner and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. On hearing that it was my birthday, the waiter arrived with a free cocktail. We ordered from the 19.95 lunch menu which included two courses and a glass of wine. We all agreed that the wine was lovely. The staff were attentive and extremely friendly and brought us a second helping of poppadoms which we hadn't asked for. There were two musicians playing guitar and keyboard in the background and they really injected the restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere.
The food was delicious so overall I would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have eaten here before several times during my trips to Dublin .

Certainly I've always had good food and service and its usually been busy

If you're visiting Dublin its on the Luas on the way out of town. A couple of stops from St Stephens Green to Ranelagh if you feel like getting away from the centre for a change

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I recently purchased a voucher online for a 3 course Sunday lunch, including cocktails for 2 people. When we arrived, the restaurant was entirely empty, with the exception of 1 couple. We were promptly seated and given our menus, which were extremely limited in the choices that they offered. Further, it was very unclear which cocktails were included in the deal, so we had to clarify.

I was very disappointed with my starter, which was Dublin bay prawns. The prawns were obviously frozen and were definitely overcooked, to the point of being chewy. The other starter, which was calamari, was, at best, OK, but very greasy.

When our main courses arrived, we were both dumbfounded at the fact that we were given one tiny ramekin of rice to share between us. To be clear, this portion of rice was smaller than a standard serving of rice from the a la carte menu. The choices of main courses were so few that I had to get the vegetarian option, which again was a very small portion.

Desserts were adequate, but lets face it, you can't go too far wrong with ice-cream.

Overall, our experience of Kinara Kitchen was very poor. What was supposed to be a special offer, was especially poor value.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My friend and I booked a table for 2 on Saturday Feb 25 for 7:30pm.
Arriving in I was impressed by the surroundings and general ambiance. We placed our drink and food order and after what felt like a longer than usual time we were served our starters, followed later on by our mains. I enjoyed the food and we were both happy until we were finished our main courses. At that point, the waiter was eyeing up our drinks and looking at us as he passed back and forth! No sign of a dessert menu being offered...After a few minutes we asked for a menu upon which the waiter flatly replied that we had to leave, that they would not serve us dessert or coffee!!! We were both speechless and couldn't believe what we were hearing. We asked for the manager who promptly came over and said we had to leave, that people were waiting for our table! Neither my friend nor I have ever experienced such rudeness or lack of respect:-( We were handed our bill ALONG WITH OUR JACKETS!! Talk about being ushered out.... I should point out that the table for two across from us was empty! When we went to leave there was also one empty table near the front door, and a little bar with a number of empty stools. I asked the manager where were the people that were meant to be waiting for our table, he said they had not arrived ...
So we were basically refused further service, strongly encouraged to leave and ushered out simply to allow non existent diners to eat! Even if we were given the option of having dessert & coffee at the bar, we wouldn't have minded. But the arrogant manner in which we were treated and disregarded truly beggars belief!
I love eating out, experiencing the relaxing atmosphere of a nice restaurant and being made to feel welcome, kinara in ranelagh is pathetic with its customer service and should be ashamed at its ill treatment of two ladies who were enjoying a quiet night out. My friend and I only get to catch up once or twice a year so this did put a cloud over our evening:-(
Ireland had played Italy in the 6 nations, the local pubs were all full so I can only surmise that kinara were looking to cash in on the night that was in it, and simply have a few tables ready for people who were ready to eat after a few hours socialising in the pubs. Securing two potential new covers as opposed to two diners relaxing over dessert and coffee clearly is kinara's priority....
I don't usually post reviews but I was shocked, speechless, annoyed and embarrassed by our shoddy treatment by a greedy little manager and a clueless waiter.
I will NEVER set foot in this poor excuse for a restaurant again.

13  Thank rebelgirl09