“Good way to start the day”
Review of SOUP DRAGON

SOUP DRAGON
Ranked #243 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Healthy food prepared in store. All soups/ stews gluten free. Gluten free desserts too. Wholesale soup supplier.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went here for breakfast twice as we so enjoyed it the first time. Had a yogurt, musseli and fruit special that was so fresh and plentiful. My husband had eggs that were fresh and good. When we came back my friend had to have a scone as they were sold out the first time we were here. I had a smoothie from a list of about 8 kinds - very fresh ingredients. The soups were starting up when we were here and they had a good variety - many vegetarian choices. It is a small place that does a good take out service. Only has seating for about 8. Various kinds of coffee and teas available.
I read a different reviewers comments about rude staff and I must say I did not find that at all. It is a small place and they are very busy, but not rude.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Soup Dragon is brilliant value, only €3 for a soup, bread and piece of fruit can't be beaten!! They have great variety and everything is fresh a delicious. The only gripe is that the staff are not pleasant! They are in fact borderline rude but I think its just their manner... still... an auld smile of two wouldn't go a miss!!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

An almost religious following amongst colleague requires me to attend here on occasion for lunch. The soup has always been splendid. The salads however seem to be a bit hit n miss. Today's is mostly celery and couscous while the odd bit of lettuce gives itself away with an "earthy" test which is read by my palate as "unwashed". The two corners of bread supplied with it would form a hearty snack for a local pigeon (eating alone).

Verdict: Very hard to beat a three euro lunch on Capel Street and the service is friendly and rapid. The soups are the No1 attraction with the salads dragon along way behind.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my place for lunch. They have at least 10 different soups every day. It's 3€ for the small veg soup + bread + fruit. great deal and good soups. The best soup is the Thai chicken curry soup, so nice! Thank you Soup Dragon!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I visited Soup Dragon on a rainy day in late October 2012. I had a Thai green soup and I can say that there was both eating and drinking in it, so much so that I couldn't finish the lovely bread served with it (I brought it home in a doggy bag and it was delicious!) It was very reasonably priced I think I had a €5 meal deal or groupon, but it is cheap anyway.

I would have given it 5 stars but deducted 1 for the very cramped space (probably not the owners fault) and 1 for the slightly less than friendly staff. Don't let my quibble put you off the soup is heavenly and it is good value for money.