“Let down by poor service”

Dada Moroccan Cuisine
Ranked #613 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Let down by poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to Dada to celebrate a friend's birthday with a party of eight. We had a table booked and it was ready even 20 minutes before the agreed time.
The waiter provided us with menus with a set 3 course meal and was really selling it due to it's great value. Even though we appreciated the advise, we asked to see the a la carte menu. The waiter reluctantly brought the menus but also advertised that we could now get the set menu with a discount price.
We finally managed to place our orders; some with the set menu and some dishes from the a la carte menu.The starters came quite quickly and were delicious all around. However the main courses took a very long time. We asked the waiter to check on our order a few times but we felt as we were only given excuses for the delay. The taste of the main courses was great but after such long wait we would have settled for almost anything.
When placing the orders in the first place we were told that the set menu would come with a chocolate mousse as a dessert, however by the time we finished our mains, it had changed into cheese cake. The desserts again took a very long time and some of them only arrived when most of us had finished ours. We mentioned this to the staff and they were kind enough to offer two of the desserts on the house.
To sum it up, we all enjoyed the food and the ambiance but were extremely let down by the service.

Dublin, Ireland
“Really poor meal & restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Went to Dada with my wife last night for the first time and my first impressions on walking in was that it was a dirty and dingy place. My wife ordered a Moroccan dip selection which was very poor and she had difficulty eating half of it. I had kofta which was OK but a bit raw in the middle. We both had tangines which were served in earthenware dishes which looked liked they had never been washed which was extremely off putting. My lamb was absolutly ancient and was in a greasy water and covered with a mass of green beans. My wifes vegatable tangine tasted like it had be reheated many times and again she hardly eat half of it. We were sitting close to the kitchen and all through our meal all you could hear was the ping of the microwave as anothe "MEAL" got nuked. With a bottle of Pinot Grigro the bill was €76 which in my view was extremely bad value. The only upside of this restaurant was that the service was quick and efficient however my advise is don't darken their door

3 Thank Hotspur60
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Great food in great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped by at Dada for an Early Bird Menu. This was really worth while. Our dinner was extremely well prepared and the selection of available wines was also great and matching to the courses on the menu. The atmosphere of the restaurant is just amazing. We felt as if we would move from the cold streets of Dublin to a Moroccan tent. Great experience!

• Visited January 2013
“Great atmosphere, bad service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We booked a table for two, the restaurant is well decorated and cosey. My main course came. I ordered the meatball tagine. I only got four small meatballs which were tasty. Half way through I found a hair in my mouth and it wasn't from my bald head!
I called the waiter over and he took the dish away, he returned later to say they were sorry and would like to offer us free deserts.
There was no offer to replace my dish or offer me an alternative, we ordered dessert only because they were free. When the bill came I questioned why I had be charged for my main course, when it had a hair in it and I had only eaten half, I was told I was given two desserts so would either have to pay for my main or desserts!
I was not happy with the service I received and won't be dining there again.

“Odious basement tables”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We walked in with no reservations on a friday evening, to be fair, but the tables we were offered downstairs were dark and solitary, more in a dungeony way than a sexy way. We turned down the one by the toilets which we were offered first. The other wasn't a lot better. Service was not bad but slow ; and we really didn't want to stick around.
Food was really, really good. I had lamb on the bone for mains and it was fab, soft and full of flavour. Starters also excellent and served with nicely dressed salads. After mains we were offered a table upstairs for "some athmosphere" but that ship had sailed.

1 Thank juicynibbles