“What a treat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Locks Brasserie - CLOSED

Locks Brasserie
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fine dining restaurant offering superlative standards of modern Irish and French cuisine.Locks also offers several choices of private fine dining rooms from an intimate single oval table in our Green Room for private corporate or family events to groups up to 20 people in our Silver Room and larger groups and celebrations for up to forty in one room or 75 in several rooms. Locks Brasserie is licensed to host civil wedding ceremonies, intimate weddings, receptions, lunches and dinners. Intimate weddings are a wonderful celebration shared with a select group of friends and close family, they seek a more exclusive and intimate feel. We believe that Locks Brasserie is an ideal venue to celebrate a stylish, understated, quirky, intimate wedding. Locks is blessed with several dining rooms which can cater for family parties or larger groups. The maximum number of people the restaurant can cater for in one room is 40 people. In separate rooms we can cater for up to 75 people.
“What a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch. He had the social €25 for two courses, I has a la carte. All food was delicious. Small portions, but neither of us were hungry afterwards. Attentive service, but not over bearing. Tables a a little bit close to each other. Amazing raspberry and rosemary petit fours with coffee.

4 Thank KTDub

Newtownards
“Um not so sure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Well Locks is a bit out of the way from the main eating places of central Dublin and on the strength of a recommendation of a friend I decided to try. As my better half had a birthday and I thought a trip to Dublin and a night out at Locks would be a nice surprise. Staff where very good and quite informal for a Michelin stared restaurant and the décor is to my taste. Now the menu is ample to choose from for any meat or veg lovers but the dessert menu just didn't rock my boat. I had Scallops with fennel and lemon snow for starter which where fine, Lamb for main which had shoulder,tongue,sweetbreads and loin, finished with a Crème Brulee. Other half had Duck confit with a main of John Dory and finished with Crème Brulee.
Presentation of food is up there with other Michelin restaurants I have ate at but the food when served wasn't the warmest, not even luke warm for my main, Fish on O/H main being slightly over done.
Not a fantastic foodie experience but not the worst hence my not so sure comment, I would say try for yourself as most opinions can differ widely.

3 Thank Ards63
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Night, Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

After ashamedly arriving 30 minutes late, I was immediately very warmly welcomed at the door by two very friendly waiters, who then ushered us to a lovely table with a picturesque view of the canal. After taking our coats we were given a wonderful menu to choose from at incredibly reasonable prices for a Michelin Star restaurant. Our food came out in perfect timing, perfect presentation and was delicious! Throughout the whole evening the staff operated in an expert and efficient manner and made the entire experience as enjoyable as one could wish for. I will definitely be returning again soon, and will be recommending Locks Brasserie to anyone who will listen in the mean time!

4 Thank Cormac O
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary by returning to this very fine restaurant. What a wise choice. The food was perfectly cooked and the service was excellent. We went on a Monday evening and the place was packed out. The restaurant has introduced a € 25 set menu which is great value for such a top establishment.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Barney C
“A delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a delightful evening in Locks to celebrate our wedding anniversary. There is absolutely nothing that we can fault. Everything from the attentive service, to the absolutely delicious food, to the excellent wine list, through to the beautiful ambience was absolutely top notch. And all for very good value. We'd heard and read about this place and always wanted to try it. Now that we have we're simply dying to return. For any visitors to Dublin if you're looking for the perfect romantic night out, this is it.

David and Melissa