“Overall, excellent food, quality, still adjusting to Michelin class” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Locks Brasserie - CLOSED

Locks Brasserie
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Fine dining restaurant offering superlative standards of modern Irish and French cuisine.Locks also offers several choices of private fine dining rooms from an intimate single oval table in our Green Room for private corporate or family events to groups up to 20 people in our Silver Room and larger groups and celebrations for up to forty in one room or 75 in several rooms. Locks Brasserie is licensed to host civil wedding ceremonies, intimate weddings, receptions, lunches and dinners. Intimate weddings are a wonderful celebration shared with a select group of friends and close family, they seek a more exclusive and intimate feel. We believe that Locks Brasserie is an ideal venue to celebrate a stylish, understated, quirky, intimate wedding. Locks is blessed with several dining rooms which can cater for family parties or larger groups. The maximum number of people the restaurant can cater for in one room is 40 people. In separate rooms we can cater for up to 75 people.
Dublin, Ireland
“Overall, excellent food, quality, still adjusting to Michelin class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Overall, the food was very good - our starters including the Confit Duck Dumplings, Terrine of Foie Gras were original, superb, fresh and lovely on the palate. For Main courses, the Duck and Venison Haunch were great. Duck had a beat puree that was less than exciting, more imagination on a duck breast and leg would have been preferred. Venison was superbly done, tender and vibrant flavours, it was our favorite main course. All of the purees and sauces tended to have a bit of extra sweetness and salt, generally something I was surprised at a 1 star, compared especially to Thorntons or L'Ecrivain. Staff was all great, though surprised there was no push or presence of a Sommelier for wine choice, they were very casual about it all and no ask or push for helping you pair, again something that they will need to look into properly in this class of restaurant. Lastly, the décor and setup shows that Locks is very much new to the Michelin class, some areas of the restaurant definitely need updating, and casual dining. Overall, an excellent experience, highly recommend and will go back for sure!

• Visited April 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Poor food and even worse service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our table was 20 minutes late wouldn't normally be bothered but with everything else thought I should mention it
3 on my table ordered the Venison which was very tough - possibly the worst piece of meat I have ever had - I was not comfortable to send it back and chose not to eat the majority of my meal thinking the waiter who cleared my plate would ask why - clearly that was not the case and obviously it is not an issue for them if someone doesn't like their food.
The wine recommended was poor and not ideal with our meal and surprise surprise it was the most expensive out of our 3 short list that we chose
We did give feedback at the end of our meal however the waitress seemed not to care and wanted out of the situation as soon as possible
To top this off the taxi driver asked us how it was on the way home and we talked about the Venison - he had the same complaint the day before
Poor excuse for a Michelle star restaurant - do not go
I have been told the sister restaurant is considerably better

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank louisebuck
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I love good food. Lock Brasserie was recomended to me by friend for whom this restaurant is number one in Dublin. I said - I have to check it. The night we went - Sunday - restaurant was quiet and we got table downstairs. The whole experiance, starting from the food, professional service, the atmosphere, was unforgettable. Would not go there just for a quick lunch (even 25 Euro menu sound like a good value) but rather would keep Lock Brasserie for a special occasion.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank lgor_Dublin_Lublin
London, United Kingdom
“"Please sir, I want some more."”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great expectations. After a day of touring Dublin in freezing wind we decided to treat ourselves to dinner at this Michelin starred restaurant, drawn by the rave reviews and the clarion call to sample “the very best fine French dining in Dublin’. I can only assume that the restaurant was not expecting a packed house on a Monday night because it appeared they had unearthed Mr Bumble from his metaphorical grave to eke out the portions. My starter, which drew pitying looks from my fellow diners, consisted of two tiny canopies: half a quail egg and a sliver of haddock brandade too small to get a taste of any haddock and akin to scraping up the last remnant of mash potato. My main - a small bowl of gruel masquerading as fish pie (the mash potato – if indeed it was there - had dissolved into the sauce making a mushy gloop playing host to four or five small flakes of fish.) This was accompanied by four, yes four, dainty celeriac “chips” prettily arranged in a crisscross. Given the above mentioned rave reviews I can only imagine that my experience (and that of two of my fellows) was an anomaly, but it shouldn’t happen. If you are inviting diners to sample “the very best French dining in Dublin” that is what should be delivered – every time. We went home hungry and depleted. Yes, we were laughing at the absurdity of it all but these are hard times and this was meant to be a treat. At E60 ahead it actually wasn’t very funny.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank zebltd
Dublin
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We held our wedding reception in Locks and we could not have asked more from Thomas and the rest of the staff. They all went out of their way to create an experience which all the guests are still talking about six months after the event! I would without question recommend Locks for dinner or a private event.

• Visited September 2012