“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 458 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Comfortable, three-storied shopping mall featuring shops and restaurants.
San Diego
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

For what it's worth I am judging this from an American perspective and I am used to malls this size. There are many options here but a lot of it seems overpriced. I did buy some souvenirs though including a rugby ball decorated with an Irish theme. If this wasn't last minute shopping I would have gone somewhere else and bought the same things cheaper.

Visited January 2011

• Polish first
Northern Ireland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Large store”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Bonus of free wifi, unfortunately if you have kids, toilets are on the third floor and you have to pay 20c to use them. Large TK Maxx, Dunnes, Penny's / Primark. Place seems clean and is ideally located at the top of Grafton Street.

Northern Virginia
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 257 helpful votes
“Nice Center, but Pay Toilets?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

St. Stephen's Green Shopping Center sits at the south end of Granfton Street, one of Dublin's best shopping streets, and a mecca for all the musicians and buskers that Dublin is famous for (and which, by the way, are not bad at all). It is located at the northwest corner of St. Stephen's Green, a lovely 22 acre park, and has one of the tram lines just in front of it.

The multi-level mall has a number of good shops and good food. Definitely a place to spend some time browsing. The only drawback was the 20 cent fee to use the bathroom. I understand that someone has to take care of the facilities, but can't the landlord spring for the dough? When Richard Daley (the elder) was mayor of Chicago, he outlawed pay toilets in the city and was a hero for it. Dublin should take the hint.

Visited October 2011
Dublin, Ireland
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Take a break in Kylemore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Grafton Street can be a drag with all the crowds and shops, so if like us you need a quiet spot out of the way to recuperate, and the Green isn't a good idea, take yourself over the the shopping centre. Our favourite is to go to the 1st floor cafe and grab a seat near the windows, looking down on all the people scurrying back and forth.
The Dunnes food store in the basement is a bit limited (teh one on Henry Street is much better) but there's also Boots, Mothercare and all the usual fashion stores.

Watch out though, you'll need €0.20c for the toilets!

Visited September 2011
Thank sean.casaidhe
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stephens Green has variety....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2003

I came to Dublin to visit cousins but I had a look at some web sites before I came - Stephens Green have a site at stephensgreen.com and it was a great help in finding out where the store was located and what shops it had in it, more for my wife than myself I must admit. We bought the majority of Irish gifts we brought home to our friends and family and they loved them....I don't normally write reviews like this but I really thought this shopping centre deserved one as it's location in Dublin is great with a park across the road that you can rest your feet in after all the shopping, or should I say following the wife around!!Try it out......

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member