“Well worth a visit”

Cuisines: European, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: "At Rustic Stone our philosophy is simple. We source the best seasonal ingredients, then we apply simple techniques to extract the most flavour, while giving you the information you need to add nutrition and structure to your diet. The produce I've chosen and our demand for freshness, is the cornerstone of our Rustic idea, while providing a healthy but affordable eating approach." Dylan McGrath
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I made a point of dropping in for lunch last week while in town. I had the salmon while my wife had a salad. Both were absolutely perfect. Finished off with a perfectly made coffee. Very professional but relaxed and friendly service. Slightly more expensive than we'd normally spend on lunch but given the quality of the food it is well worth it. I'd definitely recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,645)

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Over all the food was nice. My mom had the glam burger and the a side of a pea, bean and spring onion purée which was delicious. I had the superfood salad and I wouldn't reccommed it. The salad contains smoked haddock which was shredded throughout. However the bones were not removed from the fish and therefore were shredded throughout the salad also. It turned me off eating as I was getting big bones with every forkful of just salad leaves. The salad also lacked any real flavour or taste.
Afterwards I got the sorbets. The menu did not specify flavours. They arrived and the waiter told me that they were raspberry, Carrot and fennel!!! The carrot and fennel were beyond vile, and judging by the face pulled by the costumer at the next table upon tasting her sorbet, the opinion was shared.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wanted to try this place as its reputation (combined with how hard it is to get a table!) had made me curious. Wouldn't be a massive fan of its celebrity owner, but decided to go in with an open mind.
Was slightly worried by just how extensive the menu is! However everything we ordered was really nice. Having a vegetarian in the group, it worked out amazingly well (salad starter, pasta main, lots of choice), and the meat eaters in the group all went for various steaks on the stone. Quality of the meat was really good and we had some side orders of the parmasan and truffle chips, delicious!
Only part that was a little disappointing was the desert, which is suspect was probably too healthy to be delicious! I'd rather they relaxed their healthy ethos here as no one who orders desert can be too concerned about the health factor!
They will probably tell you that they need the table back in two hours, which I normally find annoying, but it was amazingly busy for a Thursday night in January so I see when this was necessary! Don't know many places that can turn tables over 3 times on a weekday evening on the bleakest month of the year.
So, I will definitly be back, but probably won't bother with a desert in future - a steak and a side is plenty, and maybe a cocktail in lieu of desert is a better idea!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a work social night out there recently (8 people). It was a Thursday night and the place was buzzing. We'd heard about the steaks which are brought out partially cooked on a hot stone, which than allow you to cook the stake to your taste.. Although it sounds gimmicky it works very well and the meat used is top quality & sizable. (as long as you don't lick the stone afterwards)..Some of our party did not order states and the assure me that the alternative are quite tasty also.. The staff are very friendly and thier service is excellent.

1  Thank wm2008
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to live in Dublin (granted many years ago) and would never have thought they would have such an interesting restaurant available. I was with my family on this trip and we were staying in town and happened to bump into this place late one night.

They have a wonderful selection of all kinds of interesting salads with different types of grains, seasonal vegetables, interesting sauces. Many of these are small - tapas-like. We had the tuna tartar stuffed sweet peppers which were lovely. The truffle fries which are to die for. The chicken wings that come in this very addicting grainy, nutty sauce. I didn't have one of their steaks but they looked amazing. They come out on a hot stone and you slice it up and let it cook on this stone until it's done how you like it. They have good wine and you should not be allowed to leave without trying the chocolate soup. I've never had such a velvety consistency roll around inside my mouth. It was a wonderful experience.