“Skip the raw - get the steak”
Review of The Rustic Stone

The Rustic Stone
Ranked #132 of 2,617 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: "At Rustic Stone our philosophy is simple. We source the best seasonal ingredients, then we apply simple techniques to extract the most flavour, while giving you the information you need to add nutrition and structure to your diet. The produce I've chosen and our demand for freshness, is the cornerstone of our Rustic idea, while providing a healthy but affordable eating approach." Dylan McGrath
Dublin, Ireland
“Skip the raw - get the steak”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice place not over bearing, warm and friendly, we Went for a lunch but would rather skip lunch next time and go for dinner and steak. You will need to bring more money wiki you especially if you are thinking of getting wine staters or deserts

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Cork
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant does carry with it the name of "celebrity chef" and the food is good overall, but the place is a bit frenetic and overworked at times, and this transfers across to customers, it would great to see the place work at a rate that hits the right customer service level without feeling that you are being rushed from the bar to the table and from the table to the door

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tsufish
Dublin, Ireland
“Rustic Sophistication with a smile.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have visited the Rustic Stone twice now both times with my Girlfriend once as a group and more recently just for a romantic meal. The decor is lovely and modern with a warm feel, the staff make you feel instantly special and welcome. We got the sharing menu which was great for us as we liked to share the food with the group.
Loved the variety of this menu and the concept behind it with good healthy food at the core.I had Melon starter - 3 different types of melon marinated in basil, and honey wrapped in cucumber sleeve - this was the most deliciously fresh taste I had enjoyed in years bottom line try it! For my sharing main I had the steak which was delicious cuts of rib eye, sirloin and fillet steak that I could cook to my liking on a hot stone. We of course had to try the cocktails - raspberry mojito being my drink of choice, really too good had to try another one! Then the deserts came, wow! I had chocolate soup - no sugar!! This desert is simple and so special - choc mousse with chocolate soup poured over it. A bit showy ( which lets face it if you are out for dinner we all like a bit of show )

Over all on both visits I was really delighted with the food, the staff are genuine and because of this made us feel very comfortable. I am coeliac which makes me a bit more difficult to please - 5 stars for Rustic Stone for the information on the menu and the variety of choice too. We will be back and not just the once either!

• Visited October 2012
Athy,Co.Kildare
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wanted it to be great, but it just didn't deliver.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Last friday we went to rustic stone for my cousin's graduation. She chose it and felt it would be a special treat for her to celebrate her important day. We were all excited to dine here. I felt the decor was warm and inviting and we were positioned in a good table. Our waiter was very pleasant and attentive.

However when we arrived there was a smell of fish, which lingered and got stronger as the night went on. I am a big fan of fish but this was overwhelming and would turn me off from going back again,it was also very warm and stuffy in the restaurant.I'm hoping that this was down to the extractors and or a problem with the air con.

We all enjoyed the starters we ordered, the mains were nice but my uncle who enjoys his steak well done had to work hard for it by cooking on the stone, and requesting another one. The vegetables were just not worth the price you were paying. Unfortunately my cousin ordered macaroni which she barely touched as it was dry.The following day a number of the party felt unwell whether that was down to the food is hard to prove but we all had a common denominator of dining the previous night.

I felt it was an important night for my cousin and it was a big deal in these times to spend that amount on food so I wanted it to be wow. I never write reviews but I just found this frustrating and had to voice my opinion.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank AnnaM755
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Has to be one of the best in Dublin especially if you want to know exactly whats in the food you're eating. A fantastic selection of the freshest salads, super steak and among the best tuna I've ever had, cooked on a hot stone to perfection... Would eat there every day if I lived in Dublin

1 Thank Dee F