“Irish Perfrction (Well Almost)”
Review of O'Shea's Merchant

O'Shea's Merchant
Ranked #59 of 287 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheery, friendly bar full of atmosphere.
Oxford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Irish Perfrction (Well Almost)”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I thought I'd put a review on here when I came back, July 20th but obviously didn't!
Great city centre location, some noise from the road but expected & from late music but this IS well advertised, though may put some off, (not me!!!).
Tried the food twice in a three night stay & both occasions were typically Irish & excellent, as was all of my breakfasts, which I changed each day! (Big up to Debbie, super as were ALL the staff!!).
A perfect location for the center of Dublin, one of my favourite cities, why did I wait 20 years to return???
Some of the complaints about "tired carpet", (true but so what!) & "internet not working", it was fine for me, I found to be a little fussy!
All the staff were accomodating & overly helpful, Frances thanks for organising my package from Cork!!
All round very, very enjoyable & if the noise does get at you, hit the black stuff!!!
I will return & O'Sheas will be my first choice but inside 20 as long as I'm still breathing!!! Great!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TWS954

Somerset, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We spent a Sunday afternoon in here. The music session was great and any one could join in. The guiness here is superb. Also The Brazen Head is just across the road which meant we could go to both pubs easily. I prefered this pub because it was less busy.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank masonfamily99
Brussels
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice pub in Dublin”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good atmosphere, filled with tourists (as myself) when I arrived but live music made it entertaining, although Sunday night is much quieter that Saturday nights. Across the Brazen Head (oldest pub in Dublin) so easy to visit both at the same time.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Giovanni C
Winchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good food, pretty good value”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I really enjoyed the Dubliner, an excellent sandwich with great chips and a small but delicius salad. The Carbonara looked excellent, although I didnt try it myself. Could do with a better vegtarian selection, as a vegetarian companion was not impressed with her dish.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sqwawking_Duck
Flint, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, great food and amazing traditional Irish music

Visited March 2012