“Lovely hot chocolate & gifts .”

Butlers Chocolate Cafe, Grafton Street
Ranked #13 of 205 Shopping in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Since our foundation in 1932, we have strived to bring a little happiness to the world one chocolate at a time. Because nothing complements happiness better than coffee, in 1998 we opened the very first Butlers Chocolate Café in a beautiful corner of Wicklow Street in Dublin’s city centre.Our aim was to create a luxurious haven for chocolate and coffee lovers alike; a place where customers could enjoy the highest quality coffee, tea and chocolate beverages in stylish, welcoming and characterful surroundings. A free Butlers chocolate of choice is offered with every prepared beverage purchased!
Reviewed December 8, 2014

While away we always bring the children back a treat so of course chocolates a winner . I got myself a nice hot chocolate and of course my free chocolate and enjoyed it while i sat in St stephens green . Worth a pop in for a nice hot drink to take away or if your after taking some chocolate gifts home .

1  Thank minxycookie
"gifts"
"purchase"
"ireland"

Reviewed November 2, 2014

I go out of my way specially to have a coffee here. It is at the top of Grafton Street near St Stephen's Green.

The coffee I like is the Caramel Maciato and they always offer a small chocolate with the coffee. The majority of the staff are foreigners but they are all very pleasant and the coffee is always consistent.

If you like coffee then Butler's is the place.

1  Thank René A
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

For some reason I was under the impression this was a sit down cafe. Spoiler, there's no chairs. That doesn't ruin the quality though. I had the hot chocolate on another reviewers recommendation. I second that. I would put it at about 60% chocolate so keep this in mind. And yes, the location across St. Stephan's park offers the free chocolate with a hot drink. A great end to a long walk down Grafton St.

1  Thank Alister H
Reviewed July 31, 2014

These are nice and tasty chocolates but definitely not more than that, nothing special whatsoever except the luxurious shop designs.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stopped off at one of these cafés and enjoyed a hot chocolate with a slice of Profiterol Cake....total heaven! A bit pricey but we were on holiday so who cares! Bought loads of the boxes of white hot chocolate as presents, which my son was very happy about! Now I've found that you can order them online...very dangerous for those watching their figure!!