“A pleasant hotel in a pleasant city”
Review of Harrington Hall

Harrington Hall
Ranked #86 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“A pleasant hotel in a pleasant city”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The location was excellent, just a few hundred feet south of St. Stephen's Green. The area had a number of reasonably priced restaurants, plus some cheaper places for a quick meal. The hotel is small, with just a few rooms on each floor. Our room was about what we expected, small by American standards but average for a European hotel. We had breakfast each day in the hotel. At 6.50 euro a person for a buffet continental breakfast, it was extremely reasonable.
Of course, such a small hotel did not have a concierge, but the people manning the front desk were all helpful. The rest of the staff (maids and others) were also friendly. There was internet access in the public areas, and every now and then it also worked in our room. To summarize, a very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Our room was large and comfortable and full of character with massive Georgian windows and was at the rear of the property. Our friend, a solo traveller, had a large, comfortable room at the front of the house. The whole house is full of character with fabulous chandeliers and a lovely comfortable lounge. We had a good quiet night's sleep, however, our friend told us at breakfast the next morning that he had little sleep as there was so much noise on the street. There is a club almost opposite and he was kept awake by rowdy drunken louts until about 4 am. The hotel is conveniently located just a few minutes walk into the heart of Temple Bar. Breakfast is served in the basement and service was a bit shabby. Table not laid properly, no cups, not offered tea, not greeted or told what the procedure was, etc. The food was OK but nothing special. I had the scrambled egg with sea trout and was really looking forward to it but it was disappointing and there was water on the plate. My husband had poached eggs which were overcooked and swimming in water. Not brilliant for the price they charge. However, given that it is city centre Dublin I guess the price overall was not that bad. Would I stay here again? Maybe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you want a quiet night.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dottydenise
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This small Georgian style hotel has character and rooms are comfortable. It is charming and the atmosphere is relaxed and a step back in time. I loved the large lemon living room with open fireplace (but no fire in it!) we sat and chilled there. The large stairs have character and you really feel an atmosphere around you. Breakfast down stairs was great, good buffet selection and staff friendly and professional. For 70 Euro we had a large back room and it was quiet so no noise from the street :) Would come again as its ideally situated 3 minutes to Saint Stephen's Green, no need for taxi or bus, more money to spend on great food and shopping!

Room Tip: I think our room was a basic one, but it had everything we needed (shower, large bedroom, press, TV...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clodagh L
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed here for a night out with friends last weekend. Hotel is in a great location, three minute walk from St. Stephens Green and Grafton St. It's an old Georgian House and really is a pleasantly different sort of place to stay. There is free parking but this is extremely limited so early check in is a must. Staff are very friendly and the place has a very welcoming atmosphere.
One complaint, breakfast is advertised as finishing at 11.00. We got to the dining room at 10.30 and were told that the chef was finishing soon so we could not have a cooked breakfast or even pancakes! This was a pity as it really let down the service of the hotel.
All in all though, this hotel is very good value for money, is in an excellent location and is something a bit different from the norm!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Jellybaby78
Burien, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed here for several days in advance of a business trip. I only had 3 days in Dublin, so I wanted a hotel that was close to everything (I did not rent a car) and most importantly, was safe. I am a female in my 30s traveling alone.

Hotel is a converted Georgian mansion, rooms were good size (surprised me, as many European rooms are quite tiny in my experience) and the bed was extremely comfortable. I was in a room right by the elevator, so it sometimes got loud if guests returned from the pub, or disco just down the street, but all in all, it was quiet.

I cannot say enough about the location! FANTASTIC!! Just a couple blocks from St. Stephens Green and unset 20 min walk to Temple Bar. Would recommend this place to anyone, and have.
To top it all off, the rooms were cheap! I paid $60USD a night!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Carmen T
Fort Dauphin, Madagascar
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed in Harrington Hall in August 2011 for 3 nights.

From the airport it is in walking distance from the bus stop.
The hotel itself is in walking distance to many good pubs and restaurants.
The staff and incredibly friendly and accomodating assisting us in everyway to see as much of Dublin as we could in the timeframe we had.

It can be noisy especially at night because of the pub below.
Also, the reservation on my credit card was also not returned to me for as agreed on departure, I had to make an international call to get it refunded.

Dispite the above, I would definately recommend it.

Room Tip: Not on the the road side and as high up as you can go.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julian C
California
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This place has a lot going for it. Reasonably priced with big, well appointed rooms, in a convient location. The staff is helpful and friendly. We had a room in the back and although we could hear the revelry at night the double windows blocked it out. Off street parking and wifi were also pluses.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple