“Great Location”
Review of Albany House

Albany House
Ranked #62 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and found the location excellent for walking to all of the Dublin sites. Very modern bathroom with shower. No problem with people or tram noise, as our room was at the back. We arrived early a.m. but could not get into our room until after 2 p.m., so took advantage of the time to look around St. Stephen's Green park, very close by. Good continental style breakfast offered. Front desk staff very helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed three nights at this inn a couple of blocks south of St. Stephan's Green. The location was close to the hubbub, but thankfully not in the center of it.
The room was large, the bed was huge and comfortable.
In our experience, the staff was very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. In addition to cereals and toast, there was fruit salad, dried fruit, yogurt, and a delicious cheese board.
The only drawback I'd mention was that, being on the top floor, we had a great many steps to climb, and hot water was a bit of a wait, too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank btownishome
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I picked it because it was a good combination of value and location. I found that it was one of the most affordable hotels in the area and looked much nicer than others in the same price range. We arrived very early on a Friday morning and the woman at the front desk was very apologetic that our rooms were not ready yet, but we were expecting that to be the case, and she happily kept our bags safe for us while we explored the city for a few hours until our rooms became available.

Our group of 6 had 3 rooms reserved, I stayed with 2 friends in a triple room on the first floor. We did not experience any issues with tram, traffic, or street noise whatsoever, although my companions who had rooms on higher floors at the front of the hotel did mention hearing some taxi horn honking in the very early morning hours. This seems a small price to pay for the incredibly convenient location, friendly staff, very comfortable beds, and large, modern, well appointed bathrooms the hotel offered.

We found the included breakfast very satsifactory. The fruit was particularly fresh and flavorful and the pastries and coffee were delicious as well. Considering it's included in the room rate, we had no complaints. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again if I ever make it back to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the noise others have mentioned.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank angeliza2002
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Albany House Hotel is a small privately owned hotel close to St Stephen's Green. There is always a friendly welcome. The rooms vary, but the executive rooms are excellent. The breakfast is first class.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
21  Thank glitteringprize
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and I think it was extremely good choice. The location of the hotel is just 5 minutes walk from central street, 15 minutes walk for any major attractions. But for this 5 minutes work you get very nice hotel without noise and with very special character. I had great room - very large, nicely decorated, with comfortable bed and good bath - what else person can need? The hotel has its own "face", it is not one more chain hotel where you can not decide whether you are in New York or Almaty, you feel that you are in Dublin. The only disadvantage (there should be one or two, no?) is breakfast - for my taste coffee was just awful (weak rather pale liquid, but some people still call it coffee) and very limited choice of other products. But for me it was very small disadvantage in the city where you eat and drink too much anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I agree with what most of the reviews said. Very good location and nice rooms. Also enjoyed the breakfast. The staff was courteous and the women there very helpful with directions. The man working the desk was short with us, and when we asked about having my oldest daughter stay in our room acted offended. Ended up getting two rooms which was fine. I would stay there again. Had a blast in the temple bar area and the jog in Stephen's Green was great.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the view in front but remember there is no lift.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This city centered hotel was a block away form St. Stephen's Green and more importantly away from all of the noisy and fun pubs. Good location that allowed you to walk to all of the main attractions with out having to listen to the numerous drunk revelers. I do not mind partaking but when I sleep I want quiet. Clean room,great breakfast,narrow stairwells without an elevator. A it will do hotel that I would use again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple