“Just perfect!”
Review of Aberdeen Lodge

Aberdeen Lodge
Ranked #8 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed September 14, 2012

From the moment I arrived, of along flight, Ann was most welcoming, with a pot of tea and cake, my room was a delight and I slept wonderfully in the huge bed, everything was there from information, free wifi . The area it is set in in just beautiful, I took a walk around the area along the beach,( map was kindly printed of for me, then when I woke in the morning I had the most amazing breakfast of homemade fruits and berries of all sorts and yoghurt ,the best eggs with salmon and chives and all my tea and coffee served in lovely silver pots, great start to my trip and I hope to make it back for the end to stay again in this delightful place. Thank you. Ann again

Regars Christine Besic

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Christinebesi

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was kind of surprised when first arrived in this hotel. As I travel a lot for work (10-15 days per month) I am not used getting attention (free tea, information about Dublin etc.) of the hotel staff. The place feels like your home. Cosy and neat rooms, wifi through the whole hotel and dellicious breakfast, worth for waking up early ;-) Location is in a quiet area, close to train station (5min walk) which takes you to the city in app. 15´. But never mind, staff will help you with everything.
I never right reviews, but as this was such a special place, just needed to recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My partner and I had an absolutely superb stay at the Aberdeen Lodge, 3 night stay and we just cannot fault it. We were greeted and bags taken from us and put safely in or room, in the meantime, we had a cup of tea and coffee in the lounge, accompanied by a yummy home made brownie, the owner explained around the town, where the best places are to eat, how to use the dart, what is best to do on the city tour so we immediatley left looked after and very welcomed. Our room was just beautiful with it's 4 poster bed, very spacious and a lovely bathroom to match. Robes were hung in the bathroom ready, so warm and comfortable. The town itself is just a 5 minute walk down the road, where they have about 5 restaurants, all amazing (we tried 3) and teh bars were so friendly.
The staff at the hotel were all so polite, breakfast...WOW! Ranging from the fruit buffet, to pancakes to a full irish breakfast. We were lucky enough to have some sun that day so we were able to sit in the beautiful gadren in the peace and quiet and enjoy a cup of tea, with the hotels cat 'Paws'
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, as a couple, a family or single. You get the peace of being just outside the centre after a busy day in the heart of the city. Mt thanks go to the owner and his staff, an excellent stay and a perfect way to spend our first year together.

Room Tip: Four poster bed!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel is very comfortable with big garden and cat-Paws. The location is great, very quiet and lovely area. You can enjoy walk by the sea. The rooms are nice and clean, breakfast is excellent, with many options to choose from. Very friendly and helpfull staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Aberdeen Lodge is a beautiful, relaxing place to stay in Dublin. The staff were very helpful and friendly, always asking how your day was and offering help however they can. Upon our arrival, they showed us the closest amenities and the different modes of transportation for travelling into the heart of the city. We found the DART train (with a stop right around the corner) was the easiest for us and fairly cheap, too. The breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious (I'm still craving those poached eggs) and the service was excellent. The rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the atmosphere was extremely friendly. I would most definitely recommend the Aberdeen Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We picked Aberdeen Lodge off trip advisor and couldn't have been happier. Greeted with a lovely cup of tea and cake we were taken through all the local spots. Lovely breakfast in he morning and they couldn't have been more helpful. 5 Stars.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Silvia B
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We've just returned from our stay at the Aberdeen Lodge. Its an outstanding Hotel in the perfect position in a lovely area of Dublin. Great for transport to the city centre,five minute walk to the beach and only five minute walk to the 'village' centre for restaurants and shops. The owners and staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful.We would definitely recommend it to anyone and we will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family