“Beautiful residence and friendly service”
Review of Aberdeen Lodge

Aberdeen Lodge
Ranked #5 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, Canada
“Beautiful residence and friendly service”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Aberdeen Lodge is a beautiful, relaxing place to stay in Dublin. The staff were very helpful and friendly, always asking how your day was and offering help however they can. Upon our arrival, they showed us the closest amenities and the different modes of transportation for travelling into the heart of the city. We found the DART train (with a stop right around the corner) was the easiest for us and fairly cheap, too. The breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious (I'm still craving those poached eggs) and the service was excellent. The rooms were clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the atmosphere was extremely friendly. I would most definitely recommend the Aberdeen Lodge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We picked Aberdeen Lodge off trip advisor and couldn't have been happier. Greeted with a lovely cup of tea and cake we were taken through all the local spots. Lovely breakfast in he morning and they couldn't have been more helpful. 5 Stars.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We've just returned from our stay at the Aberdeen Lodge. Its an outstanding Hotel in the perfect position in a lovely area of Dublin. Great for transport to the city centre,five minute walk to the beach and only five minute walk to the 'village' centre for restaurants and shops. The owners and staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful.We would definitely recommend it to anyone and we will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Don't worry about being able to get special diets catered for at Aberdeen Lodge. Anne catered very well for me and I am sure she could do the same for any special diet. For me, she prepared a very special and generous salad every morning along with a fruit salad. I felt fully satisfied. This included our last morning when we had to have breakfast at 6:30 am in order to get to our ferry on time. Our vegetarian daughter was catered for very well too.

All staff were very helpful, warm and friendly. This included storing our bikes in a secure area rather than our having to leave them on our car over night. The rooms we had were very comfortable and of a high quality. It was obvious as soon as we entered the lounge that this is a quality place to stay. It is worth paying more for. We liked it so much when we stayed there at the beginning of our Irish holiday, that we decided to stay there on our way back too. This review is therefore based on two visits totalling 4 nights in August 2012. A gem in a a quiet and lovely part of Dublin. The Dart makes Dublin city centre easily accessible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My Aberdeen Lodge stay in Dublin in August 2012 was terrific. The Lodge is located in a residential area and is actually a 2 story home. Very comfortable and clean with a great breakfast. Best hotel I stayed at in Europe out of 20+ hotels!!!! Staff very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly!!!

Room Tip: Hotel is very quiet. Stayed in 2 rooms on separate nights, one in back and one in front and both we...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bear1_12
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Aberdeen Lodge; the service was attentive and wonderful with many good recommendations from the manager. The location is very good- it is very close to the train (with only three quick stops before reaching the center of Dublin) and the town is very peaceful and charming. It was a joy to come back after being in Dublin all day. We had some good meals right in town and enjoyed the pubs as well. Lovely place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Berkeley, California
Reviewed August 10, 2012

After a glorious ten days in Cork and on the Beara Peninsula,, I arrived in Dublin for the final three days of my trip. The good service begins with arrival at the Aberdeen. After a fine Indian dinner at a recommended restaurant in the pleasant neighborhood I strolled "home" by the beach and turned in on the sidewalk, only to step wrongly off a curb and take a nasty fall, suffering a fracture in my shoulder. Many local residents stopped to help and I was treated well at the Irish emergency room at St. Vincent's hospital. When I finally hobbled back to the hotel, bruised with a big arm sling and a lot of pain, I was received with more sympathic and thoughtful service than I could have ever imagined at a hotel. The next three days were painful and since I had been advised not to return to New York early, I spent the majority of time in my hotel room. I was checked on, catered to and treated to wonderful room service from an especially lovely menu. The rooms are large, light and beautifully appointed and mine had a view of the vast green lawn. The bathroom is roomy. The decor of the sitting rooms and hallways is lovely with tasteful antiques and a variety of paintings and historical artwork. When i finally felt able to walk outside, there was a comfortable table in the charming garden to perch at. Everything about this place is classy and comfortable. Although it was not my intention to spend my Dublin visit mostly in my hotel room, I couldn't have been in a better place.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center. I marked by mistake. I certainly didn't miss them!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo