“Nice and convenient”

The Charles Stewart Dublin
Ranked #103 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2006

Stayed here on a weekend break from 10-13 Feb. Accommodation was very clean and comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful. A bonus was the convenient location at the top of O'Connell St within a 5-10 minute walk of most major attractions. The 16A bus also stopped right outside which made travel to and from the airport easy. Overall very recommendable.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank newbuck

Reviewed February 12, 2006

It was my first time in Dublin with my friends, we had a fabulous weekend & the hotel was in the right location at the top of O'connell street. Staff very helpful and the food was of good quality, have no doubts of reccomending this to fellow travellers to Dublin

2  Thank SAINS47
A TripAdvisor Member
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed February 8, 2006

We stayed here for 3 nights from January 29 till February 1 and had a great time. Working in the hotel business ourselves, I suppose you're even more critical than the average visitor, but there was absolutely no need to worry! We found the rooms to be really cosy (I loved the water heater to prepare coffee or tea). They weren't too big but there was no need for more space, what with the limited amount of time we spent there. Very important : they were CLEAN! Nice ensuite bathroom with one of the best working showers I've ever had. Nice breakfast but the biggest bonus: the staff. They really went out of their way to make us feel welcome and that makes all the difference. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2006

I arrived very early January 16,2006, hoping I could check my suitcase & find a place to eat. Jerry, said no. He found me a room for that day & took me to the breakfastroom for something to eat. The Guesthouse was spotless and quiet. The staff, the best I've ever seen. The next day I was put in a large 1st floor room. I've been to Dublin many times and this will always be the best for me. I was close to everything. The staff is on duty 24/7 and did everything they could to help me see all I wanted and more. They helped with tours, Dart trips, always saw that I had a newspaper, Jerry even dashed out to get one for me. Helen was always there for me and Jose helped with my return home to the states. If you go to Dublin, stay here!! It will make your holiday even better. Love to the staff & hope I'll see you again soon.
Janice Schueler, The Woodlands, Texas

5  Thank JanJay
Reviewed January 27, 2006

I have just come back from spending 2 nights (jan 25th-27th at the CS after finding the hotel on the net and after checking the reviews on here. For 2 people in a twin room it was £20 a night per person (winter sale on the hotels own website) The hotel is in a great location at the end of O'Connel street.2 mins walk from the hop on and off tourist bus and 10 mins or so from the river,grafton street/temple bar ect.

The hotel is a basic B&B. If you want a basic room to sleep in and to use as a base for the city centre while on a short break and arent bothered about paying higher prices for a standard hotel and the extras you get this is perfect.If you are looking for a an average 3* hotel this isnt the place for you. the rooms have a tv, tea making facilities wardrobes full length mirrors and a iron/board. Our room was quite small,the bathroom was very small but it did its job and the rooms were pretty clean for an old house. Fresh bed sheets and extra pillows/blankets were in the rooms. I would defo stay here again as its great value and close to everything and the staff were very nice. breakfast was ok. either a full breakfast or fruit/cereal with juice or tea ect.

take the airlink bus from the airport for 5 euros it stops right outside the hotels door. If your are there for a few days buy yourself a freedom pass.it allows unlimited rides on the buses,airport bus,night buses and the city tour tourist hop on and off bus for 3 days. you can get them at the ticket office/bus office on upper O'Connel street Cost 25 euros,saved around 12 euros each if we had bought a ticket every day. the city tour bus is great with excellent info from the drivers. we also took a north coast and castle trip with the same company 22 euros for around 3-4 hrs. Good idea if you fancy getting out of the city to see some other things but are only in Dublin for a few days.

14  Thank ThewanderingLoiner
Reviewed January 22, 2006

Just returned from a 2-night weekend break at the Charles Stewart and would definitely recommend it. Bearing in mind that the rates are amazingly reasonable for Dublin, we found the Charles Stewart more than met our expectations. I think perhaps we were lucky in that our room was at the rear of the building and was therefore very quiet. It was a good size, plenty of cupboard space, well heated, the bed was comfortable, and the en-suite bathroom was well fitted - bath & shower with constant hot water and fresh towels daily. The bedroom and public areas were clean and well-decorated. Breakfast (from 7am-10am)was served in a bright, cheerful well-furnished room - cereals, fruit juice, fry-up and toast, with tea & coffee - just enough to set you up for the day. A 5-10 minute walk and you are in the city centre. The bus to/from the airport stops a minute away. Most of all we found the reception staff to be the most friendly and helpful you could ever hope for. Reception is manned all night and if you're party people there is no worry about coming back at 4am - in fact the Manager insisted that he wouldn't let us back any earlier on a Saturday night!! If it's luxury you're looking for then there are plenty of alternatives - as long as you're prepared to pay for them. But if you're content with a warm, homely, friendly budget guesthouse in a central location - then you should look no further than the Charles Stewart.

4  Thank Dazey999
Reviewed January 17, 2006

I was delighted with the CS. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed, the location is excellent and best of all they offered value for money. Full marks too the the staff who were an absolute pleasure. I will return.

Stayed: January 2006