“Three old men visit Dublin”

The Charles Stewart Dublin
Ranked #106 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Each year two friends and I have a trip abroad. This year we visited Dublin and stayed in the Charles Stuart Guesthouse. Located in Parnell Square it is only 100 yards from o'Connell Street and even in our late sixties we found it close enough to walk to Temple Bar, Trinity College, Grafton Street and St. Stephen's Green.
We had a tripple room with two single and one double bed on the ground floor. The room was plenty big enough although some of the bathroom fittings were a little "tired". Situated at the back of the guesthouse we suffered no traffic noise and there was no disturbances from other guests. Indeed, the clientel was largely middle class and middle aged.
The breakfasts were wonderful from the fresh fruit salad starter through to the full Irish main course. Definitely five star!
We booked six weeks in advance and got a very good deal. I would not hesitate to use the Charles Stuart again or recommend it anybody wanting to stay centrally in Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Charles Stewart Dublin

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I only stayed in the Charles Stewart for one night on my way out of the country and it was booked at the last minute. It's a great location, very close to the shops and the bars. I stayed in a single room and by far it was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. There was no window, only a skylight and there was a teeny tiny bathroom. However, it was pretty cheap and I wasn't expecting the Ritz. Also, I didn't intend to spend that much time in my room so it didn't really matter. The staff were really nice and so helpful with giving directions and assisting me with a bus ticket to the airport the next day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Dublin with my husband for our minimoon and stayed four nights at The Charles Stewart Guesthouse.
The hotel was price worthy. The room we had wa spacecious and clean. For us it was perfect since our main purpose for the room was to sleep there, not spend our vacation in the hotel.
It was located in a ok walking distance from the city center and all the attraction.
The breakfast we got every day was good, not the kind I normally eat, but good and the eggs/sausages/bacen (the warm dishes) were made on order, so they had not been standing out in a buffet to get "nasty".
The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lotta R
Reviewed August 26, 2013

When we go to Dublin, which is 4 times in the past 7 years we always stay in the Charles Stewart, it is very handy for all the sites we wanted to go and see, the staff are very friendly and welcoming, the rooms are a good size and you get a full breakfast, which will last you for the day, I would definitely recommend it, we went with my Sister and Mother this year and they couldn't fault it, the staff were very helpful finding a room for my Mother and Sister so they didn't have too many stairs to climb, we will be staying there next time we go to Dublin, reasonable prices as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TrillyandBeen
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The location is superb and the staff are very helpful. However the rooms are very dated and have not had a 'deep clean' for some time!!! If your looking for cheap and cheerful with a central location this is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Location is ideal at the top of O’Connell St and you can walk pretty much anywhere from here. Rooms are reasonable size and adequate if a bit tired and dated. Breakfast was included and was pretty basic but was served quickly. We arrived quite earlier so room wasnt ready, the staff were more than happy for us to leave our bags both an arrival and departure so we could head out round town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Although the staff was very helpful and friendly, I just could not get over the musty smell in the hotel. Do get me wrong, the rooms were clean, the breakfasts good, and close to my areas of we wanted to see in Dublin. But, when you walk in there is a strong odor of mold in the air. Also, I don't know if the other rooms were the way ours was, but I have never seen a smaller shower in my life. I was afreaid of getting stuck in there. I wouild probably not stay there again, because of the odor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends