“Great venue, great waitresses 1 women with an issue! ”
Review of Cafe-En-Seine

Cafe-En-Seine
Ranked #29 of 291 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: A series of bars spanning 3 floors, the soaring interior of 'Café' is amazing with a 3-storey atrium culminating in beautiful glass-panelled ceilings, 40 foot trees, enormous art nouveau glass lanterns, and statues among its many amazing features. Enjoy a laid back café style experience by day (Lunch is served daily from noon)and by night enjoy one of Dublin's most stylish bars offering an extensive range of cocktails and beers and great music entertainment.
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Had heard about this bar/restaurant and when we arrived we weren't disappointed. Great art nouveau theme and fab cocktails, we'd decided to stay for food. All great so far. Post dinner ordered more drinks and was served flat prosecco...twice! The waitress agreed it was flat (no bubbles) and went to sort it. Bar lady came back with said glass to tell me it was a new bottle and it was exactly fizzy enough and then said 'it's a new kind of prosecco' ok fine. Someone needs to tell the wine industry cause it's rank. She then picked up my strawberry and dropped it in the glass as if to prove a point. So now I had a flat glass of prosecco with a strawberry in that she had man handled! After sayin it was fine about 4 times I told her I didn't want an argument. Promptly paid the bill (inc €5.50 for the prosecco) and left. Shame cause we'd spent over €70 and were settling in for the night. And planning a return the next day. ReAlly great place but stick to the cocktails!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"euros"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A different spot than what you would be accustomed to visiting in Ireland. A pub this is not. Great with a big group.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Prices aren't too bad considering the décor of the place, the food was brilliant (but as I said abit expensive). Unfortunately I visited before the other floors were opened (assume its for night trading only) however this place is absolutely huge even with just half of the ground floor open.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My third time to visit the place, this time lately went there with my 'trendy hat' with my asian friends. No problem got a nice place. got some booze. My birthday actually.

Two hours after the oldie security man approached me in my relaxed seat and ask me to remove my hat. I hesitated i said i've travelled from many places, im not a dangerous-looking their own scumbag-looking lads but he insisted me to go if i wont do what he ask. I said you should have told me upon my entrance to the place. Some people were even in Hallooween customes but never ask to do the same. It was done to us because we are brown asians and their easy prey to victimized they think not knowing we are more highly educated people and elegant than them. I understand if i was in a 'hoody' shirt well yes its not allowed i know.. but a nice elegant hat? tsk.. they deserve to go further to to their 'good' schools for a piece of good official learning, good manners and right conduct.

I am deeply dissapointed of their so called 'house policy' which i believe is obviously picky and discriminating. Some ways of local racism again..

3  Thank Dario S