4,175 results
All reviews saddle room lord mayor's lounge heritage room beautiful hotel five star hotel st stephens main bar grafton street turn down service trinity college temple bar marriott concierge ireland doorman luxury slippers
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We went here for our "baby moon". We used that as our excuse! But what a hotel, luxury def a 5 star. Location was good not far to walk to shops and lots of restaurants. We were in room only basis so cant comment on the food. Service on the front desk was excellant and great tips on where to visit. Paking valet was very efficient and didnt have to wait long for car. Have been in Dublin a number of times but this has been the most luxurious hotel we have stayed in.
If I was to pick out any negative points it would be they have no spa or beauty salon, but i did go to a nearby hotel for my massage!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelAddictBelfast
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed in the Shelbourne on a Saturday night. The hotel is beautiful and luxurious. We had a room in the Heritage wing which was lovely and had a large bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable.
The service was excellent from check in to check out and all staff were friendly and courteous.
The hotel is in a great location within walking distance of everything.
We had the buffet breakfast which was included in the room rate, however I wouldnt pay extra for it as it was just ok, the hot food was just lukewarm and for the 29 euro each cost should have been better. I would definately stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shellbelfast_10
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I felt compelled to write a review of the consistent poor service in the Shelbourne bar. Given the ridiculous prices charged, you'd hope the Shelbourne would, at very least, have a high standard of service.
They are slow, rude and inconsistent - it's really not good enough in these days!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank david_cairnduff
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We picked this hotel for the location and the fact that they would put an extra bed in our room for our 14 year old daughter. The extra bed was not on the reservation despite the fact I spoke to the hotel directly myself. So we ordered it and went to dinner but when we came back three hours later, it was not here. Finally a third attempt got it here.

This sort of thing can happen, but it is indicative of the mediocre service this hotel provides. But the final straw is that they charge 20 euros for internet and it isn't even that fast. I travel a lot and I cannot remember the last time I was charged the equivalent of $26 for internet. At this time in history, it is egregious and petty, and it is enough to say I will not patronize hotels that do it.

Even the finest hotels I have stayed at for work and holiday, have lowered their prices to the $10-25 range with many just offering internet free. If cheap hotels can give it away for free, why should ones that are charging $265 per day add a charge for it? Because they can get away with it?

Sorry, you have lost me as a client.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank smarsman
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights. We used Dublin as our base and travelled 3 of the 5 days to smaller towns for day trips. I was concerned with some of the negative reviews, but I found this hotel to be one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at in Europe. The hotel is definitely at a good location - it was no problem walking anywhere from this location. If you're into cocktails and lounging the bars in the main lobby areas were very popular. We went to the restaurant one night for dinner and the service wasn't great - but I think it was our particular waiter. The rest of the staff seemed friendly. I definitely recommend the hotel overall to others wanting to visit Dublin and stay at a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple