4,147 results
All reviewssaddle roomlord mayor's loungeheritage roombeautiful hotelfive star hotelst stephensmain bargrafton streetturn down servicetrinity collegetemple barmarriottconciergeirelanddoormanluxuryslippers
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We picked this hotel for the location and the fact that they would put an extra bed in our room for our 14 year old daughter. The extra bed was not on the reservation despite the fact I spoke to the hotel directly myself. So we ordered it and went to dinner but when we came back three hours later, it was not here. Finally a third attempt got it here.

This sort of thing can happen, but it is indicative of the mediocre service this hotel provides. But the final straw is that they charge 20 euros for internet and it isn't even that fast. I travel a lot and I cannot remember the last time I was charged the equivalent of $26 for internet. At this time in history, it is egregious and petty, and it is enough to say I will not patronize hotels that do it.

Even the finest hotels I have stayed at for work and holiday, have lowered their prices to the $10-25 range with many just offering internet free. If cheap hotels can give it away for free, why should ones that are charging $265 per day add a charge for it? Because they can get away with it?

Sorry, you have lost me as a client.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank smarsman
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights. We used Dublin as our base and travelled 3 of the 5 days to smaller towns for day trips. I was concerned with some of the negative reviews, but I found this hotel to be one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at in Europe. The hotel is definitely at a good location - it was no problem walking anywhere from this location. If you're into cocktails and lounging the bars in the main lobby areas were very popular. We went to the restaurant one night for dinner and the service wasn't great - but I think it was our particular waiter. The rest of the staff seemed friendly. I definitely recommend the hotel overall to others wanting to visit Dublin and stay at a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kster96
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Overall a nice hotel but with slow front desk service. The building is charming, but is old and the floors in hallways and rooms are quite noisy under your feet - although I didn't hear any noise from the room above me.

The location is ok, a short walk to Temple Bar but there are better located hotels.

Although it was a busy weekend, the front desk service was very slow, with wait times 30 minutes or more as people checked in - not normal for Marriott. There was difficulty settling our bill with a different credit card - overall not a smooth front desk service. The business center was largely out of service - after paying $5 euro for 15 minutes of internet we discovered the printers didn't work.

For the high price, this hotel did not live up to expectations and was not the normally consistent excellent Marriott experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank advisetrip
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We arrived in Dublin in the morning after an overnight flight and went straight to the hotel hoping to at least check our bags until check in time. We received a very friendly and welcoming reception from Helen who told us not only that a room was ready for us, but that we had been upgraded to a junior suite. Our suite was absolutely beautiful and spacious. We had great time out shopping in Dublin from our excellent location and had excellent service in the hotel bar.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hapcan
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of our vacation at the Shelbourne. We chose this hotel because we were able to use our Marriott points for the two nights stay. The hotel was very clean and close to all the sights. We especially liked how the HOHO bus pick up was right across the street. The walk to Trinity College is very short and there are a ton of bars and restaurants close by. The rooms weren't ready when we arrived so they held our luggage and called us on our cell when the rooms were available, which was a great service. I would recommend staying at this hotel. The breakfast wasn't included with the Marriott points and the amenities for Gold Level Marriott members isn't available on the weekend - which was a big disappointment. We ate at the hotel for breakfast because the cafes close by didn't open early enough. The food was good but extremely expensive!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family