4,177 results
All reviews saddle room lord mayor's lounge heritage room beautiful hotel five star hotel st stephens main bar grafton street turn down service trinity college temple bar marriott concierge ireland doorman luxury slippers
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My colleagues in Dublin highly recommended the Shelbourne so I moved from another hotel and was very pleased with the decision. The Shelbourne is in the middle of the citry center of Dublin so close to everything. It was especially close to all of the tour bus pickup points. The room was very large with excellent amenities, including a very comfortable bed and chairs. The staff bent over backwards to make my stay very pleasant. The concierges helped me find the right touring opportunities, and the front desk staff actually sent someone to knock on my door when I didn't answer the wake up call to ensure that I was all right. I can't wait to return to Dublin and the Shelbourne!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank DuvallDana
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Are currently spending our last 2 nights of an otherwise fabulous European vacation here, and I am actually writing on Trip Advisor because it's been such a bad experience. Old, smelly (smokey) room at first, asked for a change, and now we're in a room that slopes downward so much that there is a large crack at the top of the door when it's closed all the way. NOT worth the star rating and money - and we're not even paying- we used valuable miles to stay here and now just regretting it terribly since it's too late to change without losing the miles and we're stuck. Stuffy, stained rugs, just not on par with what is normally expected at a hotel of this rating. As avid travelers and internet researchers, we're kicking ourselves we suppose...it's just not at ALL what you'd expect. Needs a MAJOR facelift.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank tokyoastrogirl
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I booked this hotel on Priceline and what a great value we got! This is a beautiful hotel with all amenities and the perfectly located to get wherever we wanted to go. The staff was very helpful and friendly and they made our trip the perfect 10!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank im2tlkativ
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I was traveling with my parents, they got a room using points, mine was standard room. Both rooms were comfortable and clean. Theirs had a bigger bathroom with separate tub. Every staff member was friendly & helpful and we talked several times to the concierges for suggestions & tickets. The Shelborne is a great location for tourists, most everything is walkable and the hop on-hop off bus picks up across the street. The front desk will change money for you for no fee. Our 2 nights at the Shelbourne were great.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank katdog
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Our room was beautiful, everyone was super helpful, and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple